Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Atelier Marie, Elie & Anis GBA

1. Originally posted by Tsubaki
    Sorta...

The DC version comes with two discs. The first is a game disc of Marie and Elie. The second disc is an omake (bonus) disc which contains a PC screensaver. But, should you install that screensaver, your PC will get a nasty virus. So don't install it...

The games themselves are clean though.
    Woah...
    How the hell did that get manufactured?!?
    What'd it... do?

2. I've only played a little of the GBA ver and I already love it.

First off, it's not a port or a remake but an entirely new game with a new plot and new objectives, though many of the characters from the first two games return with the same graphics even. However, most of the graphics are new and there are some new characters to boot.

The plot takes place after Atilier Ellie and now both her and Marie run an alchemist shop together. What's cool is you control both Marie and Ellie so you can create two different objects at once and stuff, or they can work together on the same project to improve results. Neat.

Their former (possibly current?) teacher arrives and gives them the job of creating five cookbooks each year for five years. Knowing this series though, I'm sure there's many different ways to get a good ending.

If you're considering the GBA game, let me warn you it is much more complicated than Marie and Ellie. The slew of extra options had me a bit bewildered at first, but all the things I remember from Ellie are in their proper place, more or less.

Marie and Ellie actually start with their special attacks so combat is a breeze so far, but I'm sure it'll get harder as I go to the more dangerous location.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Quick question:

Atelier Marie on Saturn for $15. Good deal?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Originally posted by sleeveboy
    Quick question:

Atelier Marie on Saturn for $15. Good deal?
    I don't price saturn games so have no idea. Make sure it's the plus or 1.3 version though. If it is, it's probably a good deal since NCS is charging $30+ for it.

As long as $15 isn't a terrible price if you end up not liking it. I'd hate to be the bearer of bad games.

PS - I've played every game in the series now so here's my quick breakdown of them:

Marie - The ground floor. Pretty much required for the other games and is fun in it's own right, but is fairly easy. It's really perfect when you only have 5-10 minutes to kill. Only game with an english faq for it.
    Ellie - Tougher and more complex. You pretty much can't get the best ending if you don't read Japanese, but there are seven other good endings you can get.
    M&E&A GBA - See above. Great portable companion to the series. I'm so bitter my save file got wiped. -_-
    Lillie - Too hard for it's own good. It's still fun but sometimes it feels more like work than anything. Graphics are great though. Probably never finish it.
    Judie - A complete reinvention of a lot of aspects of the series while still remaining true to the original. Easily the best game in the series, but would be hard to get into without at least playing Marie. One of my favorite games of all time and I haven't even finished it yet.
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. Just one more question -- does Atelier Marie on Saturn (v1.3) come with more than one disc?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. BanPresto is officially godly in the world of RPGs. I've been checking out their title Summon Nights (GBA ROM) and holy shit it's incredibly cool. Taking in your impressions of another RPG by them, I must say I'm quite interested in them. Have they released any games in America?

7. Originally posted by sleeveboy
    Just one more question -- does Atelier Marie on Saturn (v1.3) come with more than one disc?
    Okay, I was mixing the Saturn and PSX releases up. There was only one Saturn release, which contains all the extra stuff in the second PSX release plus some internal clock addition. I have no idea how many discs it is.

Originally posted by Thief~Silver
    BanPresto is officially godly in the world of RPGs. I've been checking out their title Summon Nights (GBA ROM) and holy shit it's incredibly cool. Taking in your impressions of another RPG by them, I must say I'm quite interested in them. Have they released any games in America?
    BanPresto is only the publisher. I'm not entirely sure if Gust actually made the GBA version since it doesn't show up on their webpage for the Atelier series. It might have been outsourced to a third party which explains how different the new art in it is, but the game still stays true to the series.

If you mean Gust releasing a game in the US, so far they haven't. One of their games was released in Europe, but it wasn't part of the Atelier series and I don't know anything more about it anyway.

8. BanPresto is only the publisher. I'm not entirely sure if Gust actually made the GBA version since it doesn't show up on their webpage for the Atelier series. It might have been outsourced to a third party which explains how different the new art in it is, but the game still stays true to the series.

If you mean Gust releasing a game in the US, so far they haven't. One of their games was released in Europe, but it wasn't part of the Atelier series and I don't know anything more about it anyway.
    Oh stupid me, hmm I can't see why they don't release their games in America, from what I've played of Summon Nights, they are so untraditional and enjoyable, they would fast take place among the best. This assuming that everything I can't read is either avarage or above, if the plot sucks it won't go so well. But so does Pokemons plot.