Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was the first movie you ever saw?

1. What was the first movie you ever saw?

Alright, this question sort of popped into my head when in another thread, andyrose posted what the first movie he ever saw was. So, now I’m curious. What was the first movie you ever remember seeing.

Even though my parents brought me to every Disney release as a child, my first movie wasn’t even a kids’ movie. Back in the days of drive-in theatres, my parents decided to go see the movie “Jaws”. Being the money conscious people they were, they decided to save money and bring their 2 1/2 year old son with and have him sleep in the back during the move instead of hiring a baby sitter. Well, what they didn’t expect was for him to silently wake up and watch the movie behind their backs. Well, I did, and I had nightmares for years and even developed a slight fear of large bodies of water. The funny thing is that now that I’m older, Jaws is one of my favorite movies of all time and I’ve seen it more times than I can remember. Oh yeah, and every time I swim in a lake or ocean, I can still hear the “Jaws” theme in my head.

2. ET, but I was only a few months old. My folks got me some tiny ET shoes, too.
    Now that I think about it, its kind of odd my first movie was about a friendly alien since I have a sort of fear of being abducted by aliens (evil ones). All the scary alien movies I watched later on really screwed with my head.
    pwned by Ivan

3. Well, I honestly dont remember. Probably some russian childrens film, or cartoon

4. Well I didn't actually go to a theatre until I was four, but before then it was Star Wars. First theatre movie was Back to the Future.

SC

5. My earliest film memory was seeing Snow White in the theatre. I must have been really young. If this is true then they must have rereleased it to theatres in the mid 80's.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

6. I think my first movie was Star Wars. The trilogy used to babysit my brother and I while our parents dropped acid and watched with us.

7. um i think it was either Et or Bambi

I dont remember much before i was 4 or 5

8. Shit, I don't remember...probably some cartoon.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. I can't pinpoint the first movie I seen, but the first movie I can remember watching all the way through and liking it is Back to the Future.

10. The Terminator, I was about six months old and over my uncle's house.