Thread: Few things...

1. Few things...

First of all, well done on the recent Sega interview. Great work.

1. TNL Radio seems really good however is it not possible for the bitrate to be increased to 128kbps 44Khz for broadband users? If the quality was better i'd have it running all the time but I understand that bandwidth costs could get nasty. I like the request system

2. Whenever I visit the site I get a shitload of 404s on so many of the reviews and dead image links (eg http://www.the-nextlevel.com/reviews/xbox/rallisport , http://www.the-nextlevel.com/reviews/xbox/crazytaxi ). You guys really need to spring clean and check through all the links.

Cheers

2. I have nothing to do with TNL Radio, but I can address the dead links.

Yes, they are extremely annoying. Luckily, yours truly (and whoever else wants to help) will be going through every article and every link, putting them into the new TNL template - once we get one. TNL 4.0 will be fresh as a baby's gurgling face, and you can kick me in the jimmy once for every dead link you find on the site at launch. (Offer subject to change at any time.)

In the meantime, I sweep through the old review listings every now and then. I will fix the two you mentioned.

3. TNL Radio
    Unfortunately, this matter is somewhat out of the expertise and ability of Nick and myself, but we will address your concerns directly to the architect of TNL Radio - Nercm. You can always personally email him at nercm@the-nextlevel.com

He definitely appreciates feedback and I can vouch for his passion to make the station as enjoyable as possible. I don't believe he gets enough feedback on his achievements and unconditional passion for this exciting feature.

As for crappy 404...

Nick and I will initate a concentrated effort to fix every platform review. More than likely, we'll be wiping our preview templates, while features that are currently online will remain for the past two years or so...

404's are disliked by everyone, especially when newcomers are looking to reflect on archive material. It will be corrected very shortly. Thanks for your input.

*gets to work*

4. Re: Few things...

Originally posted by Sidez
    1. TNL Radio seems really good however is it not possible for the bitrate to be increased to 128kbps 44Khz for broadband users? If the quality was better i'd have it running all the time but I understand that bandwidth costs could get nasty. I like the request system
    I cannot put the bitrate any higher..believe me I tried. If I do, most people will hear skips and other interuptions throughout the broadcast. I operate the station thru a lowly cable modem operating out of my house so.... If I had a T1, then that would be a different story.

I have just upgraded my comp by installing a new 80gig HD...which means even more music coming this way. Perhaps later this year I will also be able to upgrade the motherboard/processor speed to a 1Ghz so that I can at least give ppl the option of listening to the music at 24k or 56k.

I'm glad you like the request system...I opted to go with a simple interface rather than the complex one I installed last year.

Thanx for the input.

5. Thanks boys, keep up the good work

6. Did you just call me a boy?

Would you prefer hulking man beast?

8. any idea what the constant script error that keeps popping up when i surf the forums is
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Originally posted by Nick
    Did you just call me a boy?
    Young man!