Thread: Super deformed art question

1. Super deformed art question

Ok this may seem a bit obscure. But I really want to learn how to draw super deformed characters and draw my own. Can anyone provide me with links to websites or point me in the direction of some books that could help me do this?

2. You want to learn SD?I'm sure there's a few sites that teach those but i don't know any of them. I'll tell you if i find one.
    Meanwhile try taking pointers from any pic that you got and post them.I know some can help you with some tips.

btw,where's you get get the cute SD pso characters?
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!

3. from my own experience (but I'm not that good with SD), it's all about looking through reference. You start to pick up on certain habits, find things about SD you like and dislike, as well as become more versed in different types of SD. Like say, an SD Belldandy has a different feel to it than a a character that was SD from conception to final product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. i can't really help using my own experience, but i did find a link that might be a little more helpful. i've had a link to polykarbon saved up but never bothered to look at it until now, and lo and behold there's a semi-helpful tutorial on SD'ing.

http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/chibi/chibiart.htm