Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin

1. If I were going to judge by the only 50 Cent song I know, that terrible piece of crap birthday song thing ass, I'd say he sounds like another idiot who doesn't know a damn thing about points and doesn't own any of his songs.

He sounds like he wants to be JuJu rapping Mobb Deep's stuff but with half of the lyrics cut out and none of the authenticity.

But I've only heard one song.

LOL Guest
    Originally posted by OmniGear
    From someone who knows much about rap, I bet.
    He noticed he hadn't posted in this thread and decided he had to.

NO THREAD IS SAFE.

3. 50 Cent's only big angle is "I Got shot nine times and lived, therefore my rap is real"

Hell, even the BOOK, yes, a BOOK he's writing, is called some bullshit like "#1 and nine bullets".

He might be good, but he seems he tries way too damn hard to come off as having "street cred".
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

4. Everytime I try to say something negative about 50 cent (AHHHHHH CENTS!!! CENTS IS PLURAL YOU BASTARD!!!) I always get
    "Dude... he got shot... nine times."
    "Yeah bu-"
    "NINE TIMES"

5. And thats something to be proud off?

At least when N.W.A. was coming out, they we talking about things that werent openly discussed, and brought new things to the table. But that was what, neary 15 years ago?

Time for popular music to shift again, its been stuck in crap mode for about 10 years, now.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

6. I dont understand why mtv is pushing this guy so much. He really isnt that great...It took me a good 3 months to FINALLY get into that "in da club" song. And the only reason i liked it was because Beyonce did a remix of it.
    Why him of all ppl? I'm just hurt that Dr. Dre labels him as one of his proteges....the man has nuthin on snoop or eminem for that matter.

Hip Hop in general doesnt seem to break any new ground, but you must admit there are quite a few artist that stand out and have longevity to this day. One of my favorites (not my absolute favorite) happens to be Missy Elliot. She seems to always bring something unique in her songs and videos.

-Ren

7. Originally posted by Nercm
    I dont understand why mtv is pushing this guy so much. He really isnt that great...It took me a good 3 months to FINALLY get into that "in da club" song.
    DUDE HE GOT SHOT... NINE TIMES!