Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Its The End Of The World......

1. *dead*

2. Norrington told the Reporter that his draft "preserves the tone, the visual and the epic scope of the original, whilst telling a somewhat more accessible story [to Western audiences]."
    I think this means they are gonna dumb it down...

~Mr. K~

ew...

3. Originally posted by Ragnarok the Red

Screw Kaneda! We need Tetsuo to pop some heads here!

At least it couldn't possibly be any worse than that unofficial DBZ live-action flick...could it?
    All though I do agree with the head poping I was talking about my buddy Kenada here on the boards. He's an Akira buff and this is going to piss him off something fierce...well, he'll be back on Tuesday, I'm already dreading that day...
    What isn't remembered, Never happened

4. I'm just afraid to see what the industries' reaction is gonna be when this tanks. Happy with your underground, city-only anime feature releases? Enjoy them while they last! This thing's a-gonna screw us all over!

Visions of "Wing Commander" are dancing in my head

:::shudder:::

I bet they do Sylvester Stallone as Kaneda, Screech from Saved by the Bell as Tetsuo and Courtney Love as the Chick.

And, of course, Chris Rock as the army chief

wow, i really think this will close alot of doors to limited run US anime stuff.

Make nice with you local import shop while you can.

7. Originally posted by innova
    oh dear god an westerner doing anime, lord this is going to be ugly.
    Anyone remember those live action Fist of the North Star and Guyver films?

8. ...whilst telling a somewhat more accessible story [to Western audiences]."
    This is the line that spells disaster.
    Well, while it is a sacrelige, I'm not that upset. I'm just going to ignore it and hope it doesn't deter newcomers from reading and watching the original manga and anime.
    "Mother, this is your son, Roger Thornhill...No, no, Mother. I have not been drinking. No, no. These two men, they poured a whole bottle of bourbon into me. No, they didn't give me a chaser."

9. ...why...?

10. may god have pity on his soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.