Thread: EA Announces The Sims for Xbox & Gamecube

1. EA officially announces The Sims for the GC, Xbox...

EA has now officially announced (as opposed to the almost-official rumors) that they're bringing the PlayStation 2 version of the best-selling PC franchise of all time to both the Xbox and GameCube this Spring. Like the PS2 version, the game will feature a brand-new 3D engine designed specifically for the console titles, as well as a more focused, objective-based, "Get a Life" mode (in addition to the traditional sandbox mode of the PC games). Look for more on both titles as their release nears.

2. What is this.. "sandbox" mode? Explain in terms a non-Sims-knower could understand, please.

3. Though I don't know for certain, but I believe he is referring to the sandbox as "just having fun, doing whatever". No goals or objectives, just experimenting and having fun. You don't have any objectives or destinations, just messing around.

Capiche? Of course I could be totally off base here.

4. Sandbox mode, as it's applied to any game, basically means just what Master said. It's not a copyrighted mode of The Sims or anything, other examples of sandbox mode games are Sim City or RollerCoaster Tycoon.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

5. Heh, this isn't even more. It's just rehashing the PS2 version. Don't worry, one day people will get sick of the Sims and EA will destroy Maxis like they did Westwood.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...