Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG's with "Good" Dialogue

RPG's with "Good" Dialogue

I'm curious to see what Rpg's you guys think have good or great interesting dialouge, it doesn't have to be voice acted, text is fine too. I have heard many complaints about the dialogue in Skies of Arcadia which personally never was a problem for me. Or some games that have stunted, forced, generic, cliche, kidde, dialogue.

Let's hear em, the best that is...

It's hard for me to judge since I'm far more critical of dialogue than a few years ago but Xenogears did something right to keep me so gripped to it.

As for boring dialogue, look to Star Ocean: Second Story. I have owned this game for a few years and I finally started playing it today. I don't think I will be playing far into it. (Don't worry sleeveboy, I blame SCEA)

3. Lunar, Grandia(it should have been good), Persona, Suikoden.

4. Ogre Battle 64, probably the greatest writing a videogame has ever seen.

5. Panzer Dragoon Saga, I think. It was either that or just the story, but I love every word of it.

..and speaking of which, see my sig there?, well I wanted to quote the entire section of that encounter at the end of Uru when Azel realizes she might have a freind in Edge, but I saved after it and couldn't go back to write it down, it was really great. uh Yeah!

6. Vagrant Story had really good dialogue, but I'm not sure if it is a true RPG. I agree on Lunar. Most RPG's are a little hokey in the dialogue dept. Chrono Cross was pretty good too.

SC

7. This topic is kinda screwed up since part of this requires that there's intelligence in the translation process... an RPG with very meaningful dialog may be rendered robotic and stupid in the localization. And a very dry RPG can have dialog that is very free-flowing in its localization. So unless this topic only affects American RPGs, it's somewhat meaningless.

Originally posted by Tsubaki
    This topic is kinda screwed up since part of this requires that there's intelligence in the translation process... an RPG with very meaningful dialog may be rendered robotic and stupid in the localization. And a very dry RPG can have dialog that is very free-flowing in its localization. So unless this topic only affects American RPGs, it's somewhat meaningless.
    How did I know you might say something like that heh?

Well it was meant for American RPG's or Japanese assuming you can read it, not on what gets lost in the localization which you do have a good point but since I can't read the original translation I can't tell what has been butchered.

9. Legaia 2, Shadow Hearts.

10. Legaia 2 and Okage.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan