Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requesting a peice of art

1. Requesting a peice of art

Sorry if this is supposed to go on the request board, but that is a scary place.

When I get some money I really want to get a tattoo. I have spent a lot of time thinking about what it will be, since I cannot stand when people go and get random tattoos, or just copy somebody elses. However, while I can come up w/ the idea, I am not too much of an artist.

So, it would be really cool if somebody could sketch this up for me. What I want is a hawk (or any large bird) silhouetted in front of a sun (w/ wings spread flying up). Through both of the birds wings are hooks that connect to chains which then go back and wrap together. Those chains are then rapped around the earth.

You can be as liberal as you want w/ the design though, I just want a good visualization of what it will be like. And any opinions of the design in general are welcome. Do you thinks it is cool/dumb, whatever. I am sure some of you think tattoos in general are dumb, but it is something I want to do.

In case you are wondering where I plan on getting this, the sun/bird is on my chest (left peck) w/ the chains wrapping up over my shoulder blade and the earth is on my back.
    your mom

2. Funny, I've already had some lady in England make a tattoo of one of my drawings, so I'll give another artist a chance. It's always cool to know your art has scarred some one in one way or another.

If anybody takes up this request Mman, you need to post a picture of the tattoo when you get it.

3. hehe, my art is scarred in a pretty college girl's back. Um...meaning I've actually done this before.

I'd love to give it a shot (the idea sounds great), but I'm kinda daunted with a current commission and school work. If I do get something, I'll send it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. I actually drew some guy I knew a cross tattoo that he wanted. He told me that he'd give me 40 bucks, then when I had it he dropped to 20. I told him to fuck off and he was shocked.

I'd do it for free if I didn't have so much time spent on stupid homework projects.

BTW, I will see if I have any spare time for you and I will upload it on the weekend if I have it done. I have a nice design in my head, I'll just have to see if it translates over to paper well.

Also, I was thinking about doing a Raven or Crow instead of an Eagle since it's silhouette and you probably wouldn't see it.

Again, don't rely on me or anything but if I get it done I get it done, you know? I have alot of design homework (sometimes 7 projects (big projects) going at once. Most worth 20% of my grade)
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Originally posted by Andrew

Also, I was thinking about doing a Raven or Crow instead of an Eagle since it's silhouette and you probably wouldn't see it.

Again, don't rely on me or anything but if I get it done I get it done, you know? I have alot of design homework (sometimes 7 projects (big projects) going at once. Most worth 20% of my grade)
    Yeah, raven or crow is fine. There really isnt a specific significance to the type of bird. You guys are free to take my basic design and elaborate if you want.

And I am not really depending on any of you for it, I just want a good visual of it, but I will use one if you guys pull through.
    your mom

6. Bumping this up to see whats going on.
    your mom

7. Just wondering if anybody is going to do this for me or not?
    your mom

8. http://www.joystickadventures.com/im...oo-resized.jpg

It's something. Ignore the robot.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Wow Andrew, that is fucking awesome. Exactly how I pictured it, especially the earth.
    your mom

10. feel free to use it. I have a larger image to it's not so small if you'd like me to upload it. Just ignore the robot and I don't know what else you need me to do to it. I felt the sharp cornered chains were stylish and such.

I've never done body work before but do you need anything more than the scanned image?