Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: XB PSO Fees...

1. XB PSO Fees...

http://gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210292

This game is playable only on the Xbox Live Online System. For a full list of Xbox Live products, please visit our Xbox Online Gaming Page!

Escape into the living, breathing world of Phantasy Star Online - a futuristic, dynamic adventure involving gamers from around North America. "PSO" is the first online role-playing game playable through Xbox Live. Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II expands on the immensely popular Sega Dreamcast series, which has attracted over 400,000 registered online subscribers. "PSO" features all-new gameplay modes, new content, and offers a stunning array of new character classes, awesome weapons, vicious enemies, and exciting quests. An Xbox Live account is required to play Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II both offline and online. To play the game online, Xbox Live subscribers will be required to buy a "hunter's license" which gives gamers the ability to travel on wild adventures with other Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II gamers. It also provides access to a plethora of exclusive content such as seasonal quests, downloads and rare in-game items. The hunter's license is free of charge for the first two months; after that there is an $8.95 monthly service fee.

9 bucks a month? and 50 to get XBL?

Meh.

2. It's funny how PSO started free and only gets more expensive with age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

3. I think it's worth it.

4. What are the GC fees, monthly only I mean?

Are they 9 bucks as well?

Do you pay for some sort of XBL fee thing too?

5. Originally posted by mattvanstone
    What are the GC fees, monthly only I mean?

Are they 9 bucks as well?

Do you pay for some sort of XBL fee thing too?
    $9 as well. $15 for three months I could do, but Xbox and GC PSO is a bit much. *-neo

6. it seems that they give 2 months for free, as opposed to the one month for the cube version. still, the game is hosted on microsoft's servers, not sega's, correct? you'd think that would drop the price a bit..

edit: clarified.

7. Considering the lower price-point and 2 months free, it's really not so bad. Plus, without having to buy any additional hardware like on other platforms, you're already ahead of the game. This is also interesting:
    An Xbox Live account is required to play Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II both offline and online.
    Probably a bit premature to jump to any conclusions, but it certainly sounds as though they're taking a proactive approach to cheating and character protection.

8. i normally wouldn't bitch about the $9/month, but come April that on top of my $15+/month for Galaxies, something might have to give...

9. so then even if you want to play offline, and forego online until you can afford the fees, you'd still pay over 100 dollars for XB PSO? I mean, buy the game plus Live? Too pricey for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. Originally posted by Hero
    so then even if you want to play offline, and forego online until you can afford the fees, you'd still pay over 100 dollars for XB PSO? I mean, buy the game plus Live? Too pricey for me.
    that whole, "you need to have live to play offline" thing is pretty lame...