Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Orta sales in Japan and the US?

1. Are you saying Gunvalk has bad controls, or the Game Cube has the worst controller ever? Gunvalk has great controls, you just need to play the game to an extent to get better at them. It just has a learning curve, after a while you will be blasting all over and almost never need to touch the ground.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

2. Here's a site with Japanese Xbox sales data. Run it through Babelfish - it's fun!

"The country it was sold with fanfare " the black boat " thing Xbox."

http://www.d6.dion.ne.jp/~yosou-oh/xboxranking.htm

Lowest selling game is 79 units. And there are games they don't have data for...They couldn't possibly have sold less than 79 copies, could they?!

3. Originally posted by Clash_Master
    Are you saying Gunvalk has bad controls, or the Game Cube has the worst controller ever? Gunvalk has great controls, you just need to play the game to an extent to get better at them. It just has a learning curve, after a while you will be blasting all over and almost never need to touch the ground.
    That the controls on GC would be the gaming equvilant to me playing the drums with my ass.

4. Might be close. They would work if the Cube had Click Sticks I thinks. But I don't have problems with the GC controller, but Gunvalk needs to Click Sticks.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

5. As I've said before, I find it pretty amusing when gamers second-guess the decisions of developers and publishers who (it's safe to assume) are in possession of a lot more hard financial facts and figures than are the gamers. Companies make mistakes, but I usually go with the notion that they've given some careful thought to their decisions.

"Doh! If only we'd released Gunvalkyrie on Gamecube!! We'd be ROLLING in cash!!" -- please, that is ridiculous, largely because it assumes a whole variety of variables about which we know absolutely nothing. Do you think that Sega didn't consider such obvious things as userbase, demographics, and anticipated profits? Most corporations do, especially those with multi-hundred million or even billion dollar budgets and a bunch of salivating stockholders.

If there was so much money to made by releasing X game on the Cube or PS2, what prevented (or now prevents) Sega from negotiating that deal? For that matter, if it was going to be so damn profitable, why wouldn't Sony or Nintendo jump at that deal? Do you think they don't want to make money, either? These aren't trick questions.

Then again, maybe they did think about all of the above, and went with what made the most sense at the time. Then again, maybe they got paid enough money up front to make it all worth their while, despite what we view as mediocre sales. Regardless, I really doubt that Sega is beating itself over the head for not releasing Gunvalk, JSRF or any other particular title on a particular platform.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

6. Do you think that Sega didn't consider such obvious things as userbase, demographics, and anticipated profits
    Yep, I don't think Orta would fare well on the cube. Mainly becuase it's target audience is younger than that of the XB.

7. As I stated earlier the mass exodus of DC gamers moved onto systems other than X-box. It does after all have a low installed user base.

8. No one has any idea how the fanbase has been split between the GC and XB...

9. "Then again, maybe they got paid enough money up front to make it all worth their while, despite what we view as mediocre sales."

You could of saved yourself a crapload of typing if you would've just typed that first and ended it, rather than preach to everyone else about how they shouldn't form opinions.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

10. Originally posted by Prince Planet
    Do you think that Sega didn't consider such obvious things as userbase, demographics, and anticipated profits?
    Yes. This is Sega we're talking about after all.