Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Orta sales in Japan and the US?

1. tekki (steel battalion)is 14th.

2. Originally posted by Andy
    Sega's sports line's sales on Xbox more than make up for every other game's sales on the system compared to the GC games, aside from Sonic Adventure 2.
    Monkey Ball 1 did 250k. The second one did half that by Nov. NFL2k3, the highest selling Sega Xbox sports game, did less than both. Try again.
    And hey, JSRF and Sega GT are both in more than a million US households, so there you go, Sega does better on Xbox than Cube
    Counting games that are given away for free is a bit silly, isn't it? Sega may make more $$$ with the Xbox thanks to all the sweet deals with MS, but they sure as hell ain't SELLING more games on it. Here are some TRST #'s swiped from the lovely sales-tastic Gaming Age forum:

PS2 - 1,791,306
    Game Cube - 1,180,552
    Xbox - 816,839

That's through Nov. 2002. U.S. sales only. Japanese sales would make it even less in Xbox's favor...

3. I'm pretty sure Microsoft is paying Sega for its exclusivity so they don't have to matter about their games selling well or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. I don't see how people expect either Panzer or JSRF to sell bucketloads. These are franchises coming from systems that hardly sold compared to the competition. The average gamer hasn't a clue about either title.

I agree with PP. Sega had to have anticipated sales and other variables before deciding which platforms to develop from. Face is also a big factor. PS2 has less than 5 Sega titles, as does GC. Both were the competition that drove Sega out of the hardware business. Maybe Sega chose Xbox just to spite them.

5. Originally posted by Tsubaki
    Maybe on technical merits, but can you imagine GV on GC controller?!
    JEt Set would work fine. GunValk would have to have the layout rethought a bit. but I think that'd be ok too.

Originally posted by Melf
    I don't see how people expect either Panzer or JSRF to sell bucketloads. These are franchises coming from systems that hardly sold compared to the competition. The average gamer hasn't a clue about either title.
    Yeah, I mean... how do you expect people to buy a game unless a million people bought the prequel? Why they might as well not even be sequels.

6. Originally posted by Melf
    I don't see how people expect either Panzer or JSRF to sell bucketloads.
    I don't think anyone was expecting them to sell "bucketloads". More like "well enough to avoid hitting the bargain bin 2 weeks after release."
    These are franchises coming from systems that hardly sold compared to the competition.
    Someone shoulda told GTA3 that you're not allowed to be a hit game unless your prequel did gangbusters.
    The average gamer hasn't a clue about either title.
    I have seen oodles of TV ads for Panzer. They're aware.