Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sakura Taisen PS2 Trailer

It just isn't the same.

If that pink ass PS2 was actually a Sakura Taisen LE I would be even more tempted to buy it.

2. Well, you could buy it and put "Sakura Taisen LE" on it, manually.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

The rarest syetem ever... only one in existance.

How much would that go for on Ebay?

4. Well, as long as you put RARE!!! in the auction title about a dozen or so times, and point out that there's only one out there, it'll probably go for $500. Tell people that they'll also get a "TEN GAMES ON ONE DISC!!!!!!!!" thing and add a couple hundred to that.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

OMG! Teh rarest demo disc ever!

6. OMFG!!!!!!! WHAT A DEAL!!! I gotta have it. I'll sell you my first born for it. How about a nice Xbox box? Maybe you should give folks "everything you see in this photo" to REALLY sweeten the deal.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Just a few random comments to add:

Ammadeau, like Tsubaki I'd suggest that you buy an unmodded J-PS2. If videogamedepot doesn't have them in-stock, pre-order it. They get restocked just about every week, and they get the Region 2's not 3's like ncsx.

Tsubaki, what are your favorites for the J-PS2? It seems strange having one on my shelf only for Sakura Taisen, so I've been thinking about Venus & Braves and Ape Escape 2. Anything else good?

I agree with the prediciton that we'll only see ST5 Action here in the US, probably in 2004/5. Until then, don't expect to see Overworks/Red Co. add much of anything new to this series. I'm only mildly looking forward to ST1 Atsuki. It'll be a good remake but still a remake.

What's going on with Lando/Kayama? It's taken so long for him to get back to finishing the ST4 translation (not that many people care at this point). Hmm, did Sega hire him to do localization for ST5? haha Well, that would be cool if it were true.

Originally posted by Rose4256
    I agree with the prediciton that we'll only see ST5 Action here in the US, probably in 2004/5.
    Why so late? I want to play ST now! (I have no modded PS2.)

9. Originally posted by Ex Ranza
    Why so late? I want to play ST now! (I have no modded PS2.)
    You could play the remake in 2 weeks, but I think ST5 will be 1-2 more years. Anyone who has played ST3 can see how much work it probably took to research the time period, settings, wardrobes, etc of 1920's Paris. Considering that to create the ST1 remake w/ new animations & 3D modeling it took 1 year from the end of ST4, you could add that 1 year plus another 1 for R&D, level design, and scenarios for ST5's New York (not to mention translation for the US version). Eh, it's just a prediction... so I say the best bet for ST5 is Q1 2005 for Japan; Q4 2005 for US. Geez, that'll be at the end of the PS2's life, huh...

10. Originally posted by Rose4256
    Just a few random comments to add:

Ammadeau, like Tsubaki I'd suggest that you buy an unmodded J-PS2. If videogamedepot doesn't have them in-stock, pre-order it. They get restocked just about every week, and they get the Region 2's not 3's like ncsx.
    Exactly... even if Ammadeau gets the modded PS2 from that place, he'll still only be able to play R1 dvds. (Ecole de Paris OAV R2 DVD coming out next month w00t!)

Tsubaki, what are your favorites for the J-PS2? It seems strange having one on my shelf only for Sakura Taisen, so I've been thinking about Venus & Braves and Ape Escape 2. Anything else good?
    This is a bad question to ask me, because as of now there's only 2-3 PS2 games I would want. I own Grandia Xtreme and Space Venus featuring Morning Musume for the J-PS2 and neither of them are good games... I'm getting ST Atsuki Chishio ni of course. But aside from that, if I owned a PS2, the only other game I would get is Tales of Destiny 2, the real one. I've seen the opening theme a countless number of times (Kuraki Mai: Key to my Heart) and I'm hopelessly addicted ^^

For some reason Venus & Braves doesn't interest me in the slightest. It sounded promising initially, but as more details leak, the less it sounds like my type of game. I would pick up Star Ocean 3, though.. and maybe one day I'll get into the Beatmania (DX) series. Keep in mind I don't own any next-gen system aside from GBA...

What's going on with Lando/Kayama? It's taken so long for him to get back to finishing the ST4 translation (not that many people care at this point). Hmm, did Sega hire him to do localization for ST5? haha Well, that would be cool if it were true.
    Heh, I really don't know. I haven't seen or talked to Jon on IRC ever since he switched schools (a couple years now). He just entered college when the ST3 translation started, and if you remember he was pretty stagnant with updating those as well. I think things got really busy for him real fast and he's just putting academics over fan-translations as a priority at this point. But if I hear from him, I'll let you know.

Originally posted by sggg
    Maybe they'd bring it over if the ST5 remake is a smash hit.. ha! As if that'd happen.
    Well, I think ST5 Action is still speculation at this point. They never formally announced any specific ST title to be translated over but it's a very safe bet that ST5 Action will be it.

Btw, ST5 action is basically an action game based on the ST5 story/characters. It's a completely separate game from ST5. But given its Action-emphasis (as opposed to "Dramatic Adventure"), it's safe to say that it has more of a chance to sell among Westerners than the original games.

I'm not quite so sure if they would bring over a game from the main series if the Action sold well... but they might just bring over ST5 because it takes place in America. ST1 remake doesn't really stand much of a chance of being localized.