Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sakura Taisen PS2 Trailer

1. Yeah, I've thought it over and a JPN PS2 sounds like the way to go for me, though I won't need a region 2 player to watch the upcoming ST3 OAVs because Funimation picked up the US rights to that and the Sumire OAV.

Still, I already own some region 2s and I'm planning on buying the DVDs of the ST musicals, so a region 2 player would be a nice thing for me.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

2. Originally posted by Ammadeau
    Yeah, I've thought it over and a JPN PS2 sounds like the way to go for me, though I won't need a region 2 player to watch the upcoming ST3 OAVs because Funimation picked up the US rights to that and the Sumire OAV.
    Yeah, but I'll have it about a year sooner :P (Is Funimation going to wait for all of them to be released first and stick 'em on one dvd?)

Still, I already own some region 2s and I'm planning on buying the DVDs of the ST musicals, so a region 2 player would be a nice thing for me.
    Oh.. if you can, you should grab the Sakura Taisen Kayou Show 5: Kaijin Bessou if you want to get into musicals. It's got about 5 hrs worth of footage, and it not only contains the 5th musical, but it contains the Paris Mini Live Show as well. So you get both casts on one 2-dvd set. The only other performance the Parikagekidan did was for a dinner show in Japan 2 months ago. Kaijin Bessou was preorder-only (for its initial printing and rerelease), but you might just be able to still get the rerelease from http://www.amotokyo.com
    At the very least, it's still available for order on their website.

3. Videogamedepot is screwing with me. I just checked now and sure enough, Japanese PS2 in stock. Pre-order made and ready for the arrival of ST remake. I'm already half through ST3 so I hope ST2 will keep me occupied until it arrives. Still can't wait. I know it's a remake, but it's a remake of one of my favorite games of all time, so it's worth the rather steep cost of admission.

No idea about how Funimation is going to release them, but I'm guessing all of them on one disc. They cram 6 eps of Fruits Basket onto each disc, though with no loss in quality, so I don't mind. To buy all four Japanese releases would be a little too much for my wallet. I'll wait and suffer.

That musical sounds great. I'll look into it....
    Actually found a review of the musical from someone who saw it live. Yep, definitely a nice treat for my new JPN PS2. I'll regret it when I get the credit card bill for all this, but you only live once. I can put off getting new speakers yet again.
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. Originally posted by Rose4256
    Tsubaki, what are your favorites for the J-PS2?
    Append:

Oh! I just remembered one game that I thought looked and sounded totally awesome! Taisho Mononoke Ibunroku.

It's from Gust, the makers of the Atelier series, which I also like. I love the artstyle.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...30127/gust.htm

5. Originally posted by Tsubaki
    Append:

Oh! I just remembered one game that I thought looked and sounded totally awesome! Taisho Mononoke Ibunroku.

It's from Gust, the makers of the Atelier series, which I also like. I love the artstyle.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...30127/gust.htm
    Ah! Thanks for reminding me... now I can play Atelier Lillie and Judie! Woo! I'm going to be so broke, especially since this new game also looks great. I guess it's a good thing Sakura Taisen 5 is a long way off now.

6. Tsubaki, is that amotokyo site you listed pretty reliable? I've been wanting to get my hands on the Kaijin Bessou and Sumire Retirment shows for awhile now (I have most of the other more common ones)....

7. Originally posted by Yamcha
    Tsubaki, is that amotokyo site you listed pretty reliable? I've been wanting to get my hands on the Kaijin Bessou and Sumire Retirment shows for awhile now (I have most of the other more common ones)....
    Yep. I placed a couple of Amotokyo orders in the past (for Kaijin Bessou among other things). I like them cuz if you get over $200, it's free EMS shipping. But below $200, it's only $10 EMS anyway, which ain't that bad.

The only warning about Amotokyo is that they are a little anal on you if this is your first time ordering. Basically, a few years ago, they got screwed over because of credit card fraud and did not allow credit card orders for a time. They've since reinstated it, but they will likely ask you to prove your credit card is real either by faxing in a CC invoice or scanning it. I just scanned my CC invoice and emailed it to them as a jpg. Took only a minute of my time, and my order came quickly and with no problems. But if you don't have access to a fax or scanner, you may want to reconsider as I'm pretty sure they'll ask you to prove your CC info. This only matters for the first time. After you're verified, you can order in the future as normal.

8. Eh, that's a weak pink hue. Metallic: bleh.

Anyway..