Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Gitaroo Man level music?

1. Best Gitaroo Man level music?

Got Gitaroo Man yesterday, beat it on normal tonight in one sitting. Hello, Master Mode. Handed me my head? Yes, yes it did...

So, seeing as a goodly number of you seem to have played this, what's your favorite music from the game? Personally, I'm going with the insanely infectious Japanese pop/dance music from level 2.

And am I the only one who thought the Gallery theme was maybe just a hair close to Pink Floyd's Breathe?

James

2. I don't remember the stage number but I really dig that song where you're playing on the beach for the chick. But the one before that, where you are in a robot is cool too.

I need to go back out and re-buy this, I've been craving it since about a week after I returned it.

Gitarooooo,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. Born to be Bone.

4. Re: Best Gitaroo Man level music?

Originally posted by James
    Got Gitaroo Man yesterday, beat it on normal tonight in one sitting.
    Boy do I suck at Gitaroo Man...

I like the level 2 tune, Mojo King Bee's song, and a few others.
    Great game.
    - Kabuki

5. Eh, I don't have anything better to do.

1. Born to be Bone (Level 7)
    2. Flyin' to Your Heart (2)
    3. Tainted Lovers (8)
    4. Bee Jam Blues (3)
    5. Twisted Reality (1)
    6. The Legendary Theme (levels 6 and 9)
    7. 'Nuff Respect (5)
    8. VOID (4)
    9. Resurrection (10)

6. Believe it or not, the hardest level for me was level 7. I only had to try the final level about 3 times, but level 7 took at least 5 rounds to get a C.

The trick to Gitaroo Man isn't rote memorization of where the beats come but rather projecting in your head how the guitar should sound in the song. If you can just persuade your hands to keep up, you've pretty much got the game right there. And then, if you're like me, you fall off the beat just a bit and miss 10 things in a row...

I still can't get past level 2 in Master's Mode...

James

7. I was stuck on level 2 Master Mode for a day, but then beat it and moved on to level 3, where the eighth notes destroyed me. I was able to get Mojo King Bee down to about half health after a few tries, but kinda gave up for the time being, at least until I figure out how to beat this damned last bos in GunValkyrie.

Getting stuck on level 2 did help me to figure out a few ways on the game worked, however, and this might those of you with problems who haven't realized these yet:

Always release the button during every chord before the end. Getting right next to the end or trying to time it with the end won't get you that second hit, but hitting about an inch or so (yes, that far in) will deliver a second hit to the life bar, fueling your own or hurting theirs. On the second level, generally release the button after the final "squiggle" on long notes, right when it straightens back out to hit 'em hard. If you're concentrating hard on the center of the screen, try to watch the end of their lifebar to light up again out of the corner of your eye.

The game will loop patterns if the lifebar of the enemy doesn't drop enough. You'll notice there are "checkpoints" where the music will shift into the next passage once a certain amount of life is gone. You can use this to your advantage, allowing you to set up certain rifts or even bypass some of them entirely.

One thing I wonder about are the openings. I noticed sometimes I got the difficult early pattern in level 2 right away (starts with a defend of all four directions alternating, and then has an attack of a quick up-down-up-down in a straight line with rapid hits the whole way through), and other times would get an easier intro (starts with the defend of right-up, then down-right, I think). I think that has something to do with how well you perform the charge, but I'm not positive.

Back on topic, the only music I don't really like is the level 5 reggae track. I'm not a big fan of that music in the first place, and that track doesn't even seem to be very good anyway. I love Born to be Bone, 2nd stage track, and Bee Jam Blues, and am rather partial to the 4th stage and 8th stage tracks. Honestly one of the best all-around soundtracks to a music game since... well, probably ever. I want the soundtrack!

8. Hm... I like all the music personally. My favorites... The ending song and the beginning song. In-game, I love them all pretty evenly.

9. I'm all about Level 2 Flyin to your Heart and (Level 6 was it?) Legendary Theme Acoustic version.

10. Level 2's song is the best music game track ever...