Thread: Online Colouring Resources

1. Online Colouring Resources

I have a friend who is interested in getting professionally involved in colouring. He is quite talented and so far has only really done it as a hobby. He mostly does comic book colouring. I am trying to get him to try new things / new techniques. I also think he should maybe try and get more involved in the online colouring community (if there is indeed one!).

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good online colouring resources whether it be messageboards or technique improving websites or anything really. Any useful advice?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

2. If he wants to go pro there is a contest in this months Wizard TGTC where you can color a sample page from a top cow comic and possibly get a job with Top Cow/Image comics. Other tha that all I can advise is studying classical methods(i.e. watercolors, oils, crayons, pastels, etc.) and color theory. And I don't recomend it but my friend swears herbage helps...

3. www.shaneglines.net

Click on the discussion board link and look around. There's a ton of great stuff on there.

4. I, too, am hoping to learn how to colour well, digitally for my artwork but am at the straws end when it comes to resources. Any resources would help.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."