Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Anime

1. Max Anime

Have there been any recent happenings with the Max Anime concept? It hasn't been discussed in quite some time. Is there a roadblock of sorts? If that roadblock is in the web development sector, I think I can help. If you recall, I mentioned back in the original post that I had a friend who has done a few sites and is rather skilled. I told him about it tonight and he was very enthusiastic about it. He'd like to know the basic gist of the site, but the original thread is no more. Does anyone have a copy of those general descriptions and goals?

Cynical, perhaps you'd like to contact him. His email is hypnosnake@yahoo.com

Oh, he plans on joining the boards as well.

Lets get the ball rolling!

2. Well, essentially what happened was that out of the 8-10 some odd people that said they would submit samples (or anything else, for that matter), only 2 people out of the batch actually did during the 2+ months that we gave them to do so. We can't run much of a website with 3 people (potentially 5 including your friend and one of mine).

I know that asking for samples around college finals time isn't a good idea, but I think it says something when people say they'll do something and then not do it. I've tried to work with people of this kind when running an old website, and that website went nowhere. I'm sure Bahn has had to deal with that as well in the past (actually, I know for a fact he has).

I never expected masterpiece samples, because "perfect" is the antithesis of "done." I just wanted something to show that X person could write something readable and entertaining. I don't know if that kind of pressure contributed to the mess, but it could have.

The deal is this: If Bahn and everyone else that actually submitted articles still want to find more people and start Max Anime, then I'm all for it. But as it is, there's no point in going on if we can't find enough people dedicated enough to do it right, and I'm very pessimistic about the whole thing.

3. Cynical, did you count my writing sample and website experience history among the ones that submitted? I haven't heard from you about it since before Christmas. If you got everything you need from me, I'm good to go NOW and can start writing up reviews anytime you want me to

I'd be very dedicated to the project and getting work for it done, I'd have plenty of time to write up reviews for stuff this semester, just say when and I'll get cracking. Hope this all does eventually get off the ground
    omg TNL epics!

4. Originally posted by Ragnarok the Red
    Cynical, did you count my writing sample and website experience history among the ones that submitted? I haven't heard from you about it since before Christmas. If you got everything you need from me, I'm good to go NOW and can start writing up reviews anytime you want me to

I'd be very dedicated to the project and getting work for it done, I'd have plenty of time to write up reviews for stuff this semester, just say when and I'll get cracking. Hope this all does eventually get off the ground
    Heheh, yeah, you and Zenigata were the two people that turned stuff in, and the third person was me. Zeni's friend and my friend are two more potential staff, but we'd still need a few more if you know any... *hint hint, nudge nudge, blatant plug blatant plug*

I admit that I didn't go looking too many other places for staff, but I don't have the time or will to post messages on every anime message board out there when I don't know the quality of the people I would get in return. :/

I haven't reported anything yet because I just didn't have anything to report. AFAIK the project is either dumped or inactive as of right now, but depending on what Bahn and the other higherups think, we could probably start it up with a few more on the staff.

I wouldn't expect the actual site to get online until the new TNL redesign gets up, as far as when it would go online, assuming it will.

5. My friend is definitely on board. We are both extremely enthusiastic and willing to put in everything that is necessary. Also, we’ve thought up a few contacts that may be of help staff-wise. There are three people, two of which would likely be more “occasional” contributors than full-time staff. The other would likely be in between normal and occasional. They would all certainly be of help. I think it can be done and done well with this amount of people. My friend and I have passion for the project, assuming you and your pal do (as well as Rag), we’d have a fabulous team. Having five people who will give it 110% for certain is excellent, in my opinion. Plus the other 3 could be of great help, potentially. I think it’s more important to have people who are passionate (and skilled, as the case seems to be here) than people who will merely “do it.” My friend and I had a Worms Armageddon clan that had 12 people in it when it died. No one played, no one cared; it died. Anyway, we’re working on some key aspects of the site that we’d like to show and discuss with you, when they are completed anyway (shouldn’t be long, a week maybe). Where can we gather to discuss the matter? AIM group chat perhaps? We’ve got a plethora of ideas.

6. *smiles*

Heheh, reminds me of the way I thought when this first started. Nice to see that there's optimism here to balance my perpetual pessimism...

What you're proposing certainly sounds a lot more attractive than the way I was looking at things. We'll see what happens after we discuss it, heheh.

I can try for an AIM chat but my schedule is erratic at best. Let's try scheduling one, nonetheless.

7. Sounds good. How's this coming Friday at 10:00/10:30ish PM EST?

8. Sounds fine as of now. I'll do my best to be free at that time.

I also just messaged Bahn about it asking him what he thought. I've been wanting to do this as I'm sure he has, so let's see if we can't finally get this thing off the ground...

9. Actually, while we don't have much completed design-wise, we ARE all online right now. How about sending my pal your AIM SN (his email is at the top of this thread). I'll be on for a little while longer.. we can integrate some of your ideas with what we're working on.