Thread: A new Gradius?

1. A new Gradius?

Well...kinda...

Famitsu reported that the upcoming Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner will feature a Gradius bonus sequence in 3D. No word yet on how many levels the bonus sequence will feature, or whether they will run in the ZoE game engine, the Gradius 3D coin-op engine, or something entirely new.

The 2nd Runner, the third title in the ZoE series, is due for a March 12 release in Japan.

Source: Games Are Fun

2. That's 'cause one of the ships turns into the Vic Viper. According to EGM anyway.

Pretty freakin' cool if you ask me.

3. Narly, just one more reason to pick this up.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. That's 'cause one of the ships turns into the Vic Viper. According to EGM anyway.
    It's the frame Leo (of the first ZOE) pilots.

On an off-note, ZOE2 has a lot of touches in the graphics that make it look like it's running off the MGS2:SOL engine. The way cutscenes occur every five seconds and how you can manipulate the COD- I mean, "transmissions" doesn't help dissuade that notion either. Interesting indeed.

5. Yeah but, regardless of what a lot of other people thought, I think that MGS2 was great from both a gameplay and visual perspective. So, if you're gonna have the "feel" of some other game, it might as well be a great one.

I'm sure Zidane would agree with me.

6. Some of Mech designs in ZOE2 do remind me of designs in MGS2. Hopefully the story will in ZOE will be better than it was in MGS2.

7. So, if you're gonna have the "feel" of some other game, it might as well be a great one.
    Too many cutscenes. Way too many.
    Some of Mech designs in ZOE2 do remind me of designs in MGS2.
    Yoji Shinkawa (sp?) did all the MGS/MGS2/ZOE designs, and I think he also did the mech designs for ZOE2 (but not the characters).