Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how do u draw with only pencil with sketching

1. everyone be nice to Despair's son or I will ban you!

Does that mean I get the complete opposite of banning for sticking up for him? Like total control over TNL? Quack!

3. no. but you will get to play with the other ducks.

4. Originally posted by DespairJunior
    yeh it did thanks! i have one of those types of earasers too! thanks. thats what i need to know.
    I see you share your dad's love of smiley faces, DJ. Welcome!

Originally posted by bandit
    [thumbnail]http://ourworld.cs.com/Y2 Bandit/ebay/sixthsense.jpg[/thumbnail]
    Sixth Sense with my picture in replacement of the kid
    The kid in the Sixth Sense was black?

Seriously, though, great work, especially the Stone Cold and chimp pics. What is that, colored pencil?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Originally posted by Dolemite
    The kid in the Sixth Sense was black?

Seriously, though, great work, especially the Stone Cold and chimp pics. What is that, colored pencil?
    I'm not black, I'm asian .. and those are shadows.

The chimp and SC are done in acrylic paint. the sixth sense are done in color pencil. the background is in black acrylic paint. i bought new color pencils. when i was done with the faces, i had about 1 inch left of the color pencils.

6. O btw, the letterings arent on the painting. Its on a thick piece of plastic film that went over the picture.

7. Originally posted by bandit
    the sixth sense are done in color pencil. the background is in black acrylic paint. i bought new color pencils. when i was done with the faces, i had about 1 inch left of the color pencils.
    Good choice doing the background in acrylic paint. Colored pencils are great but suck if you're trying to fill up large spaces with just one color. You can never completely get rid of the scribble effect...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Originally posted by bahn
    no. but you will get to play with the other ducks.
    YAY!

9. Originally posted by Dolemite
    Good choice doing the background in acrylic paint. Colored pencils are great but suck if you're trying to fill up large spaces with just one color. You can never completely get rid of the scribble effect...
    tell me about it. I would have gone through like 5 boxes of black color pencils.

10. If the young man is looking for something dark enough to scan, there are amazing things one can do with an ebony pencil, and a good sharpener. The latter is worth the extra money, as the lesser quality ones will chew your poor pencil to peices.

As for Colored Pencils, you can get away with just about any quality if you make up for it with your own technique. Having two sharpeners, one for graphite, and one for colored pencils is highly recommended, and can be bougt as a double unit with plastic casing, so you can take them on the go.

Don't be intimidated by ink and pens. use ballpoints, and block in the shapes with a lighter pencil. If you can snag a 6h, you probably won't have to worry about the elusive non-photo blue leads.

I hope this is a good start.
    Only you can stop sig pollution.