Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are these movies good or are they better left to childhood memories?

Are these movies good or are they better left to childhood memories?

These are three movies I loved when I when saw them in theatres in the '80's. Are they actually good movies or was it just my age at the time?

The Last Unicorn
    Secret of Nimh
    The Dark Crystal

2. I believe the Last Unicorn and Secret of Nimh are both good movies. I saw Nimh fairly recently(a few years). . .I'm assuming for the Unicorn.

Nimh is good, I can't speak for the other two.

4. The Last Unicorn is a classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

5. Dark Crystal has sucked for a good two decades now.

The Last Unicorn (which I saw about a year ago) is fantastic, though I imagine coming to grips with the poor animation will be startling.

Dark Crystal scared me if I recall, the other two were great, but I haven't seen them in years so I imagine I would not like them as much.

I still like some Movies I saw when I was a kid like the Karate Kid.

7. Also, looks like they're making a live-action version of The Last Unicorn. Mia Farrow is playing Molly Grue instead of the Unicorn and (perfect casting!) Christopher Lee is playing King Haggard.

Anyone know what years these movies came out in? I'm guessing they were around '82/83.

9. They all came out in 1982. Wow, I wish I could've had red letter years like this.

All from the same year? Interesting. Although, for some reason I remember a lot more about Secret of Nimh than the other two.