Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Venus & Braves

1. There was 1 GBA (Tales of Phantasia Dungeon 2), 1 GBC (Tales of Phantasia Dungeon), (Tales of Phantasia) Super Famicom and the PSX remake... those never made it here, Tales of Destiny and Eternia (Destiny 2 in the USA) made it over.

I highly doubt it myself, we will be lucky if we get Tales of Destiny 2 (the real one) here... I haven't heard anything on that coming here ether

I am more then willing to be proven wrong, maybe Namco will have a surprise at this years E3.

2. Originally posted by ferricide
    A LITTLE BIRDY TOLD ME IT WILL NEVER COME OUT HERE.

jesus. =)

i don't say that with a 100% accuracy but i wouldn't bother saying it if i didn't think it was almost assuredly true. at the very least don't get your hopes up for E3 announcements, if you're planning to continue to be optimistic.
    What DID the birdy say will come out here? hm? ToD2?

The rest of you should shut up and buy V&B. Then we can all discuss the fairness of life, death, and war in the context of its plot.

3. we'll never see TOD2 either. that's just obvious even without birdies.

4. The rest of you should shut up and buy V&B. Then we can all discuss the fairness of life, death, and war in the context of its plot.
    And for all of us who don't read Japanese: just how much of this plot that we can't decipher will we be discussing?
    we'll never see TOD2 either. that's just obvious even without birdies.
    Keep that up and I'll start calling you Negative Nancy. We need some optimism here!

5. Originally posted by MechDeus
    Keep that up and I'll start calling you Negative Nancy. We need some optimism here!
    i'm just being realistic. i really like tales. i'll buy the PS2 one sometime. but there is no doubt they'd skip it. TODII (i.e. eternia) didn't do well. TOD didn't do well.

also, it's 2D, on PS2. not like, guilty gear x2 2D. in fact, i'm under the impression it's in a low resolution.

as neat as V&B might be, namco isn't the kind of company that takes chances. the real reason is because their marketing department is a bunch of hardasses who is both (A) used to marketing games like tekken and (B) only wants to put out games that can enjoy a tekken level of success.

6. in fact, i'm under the impression it's in a low resolution.
    I remember the screenshots from a while back looking really, really good, and I don't think they were low resolution. Could be wrong though, as I'm just going off faint memory.

And didn't Tekken 4 not do very well? Or was that just not well compared to previous Tekkens?

7. Originally posted by MechDeus
    I remember the screenshots from a while back looking really, really good, and I don't think they were low resolution. Could be wrong though, as I'm just going off faint memory.
    i thought they looked good, too, but according to a reliable friend of mine who's played it it's in low res. but i'd like to see for myself.

Originally posted by MechDeus
    And didn't Tekken 4 not do very well? Or was that just not well compared to previous Tekkens?
    well, tekken 3 has sold ridiculous numbers. like 3m. of course tekken 4 isn't there yet.

8. Getting back to the game (if anybody really cares)...
    I'm about 20+ hours in (can't tell exactly, but rumor has it that the game clock shows you after you win), and it has become a very cerebral and unrelenting experience like that annoying but compelling college course that won't give you a break. There are a number of flaws, but I suppose you could call them intentional parts of the game design just as well. In any case, just as you acquire the skill and knowledge to circumvent these, new ones rear their ugly heads. Oh well, I'm still determined to win this bugger and am looking forward to mocking the TV screen when I kill the last boss.

9. I'm still interested. Just waiting on my JPS2 to arrive before committing to a purchase. With my luck though, my car bill will arrive at the same time, making that choice for me. -_-
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2