Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Venus & Braves

1. Venus & Braves

OK, I WANT this game!! Have you guys seen the movies? Check out the clips on Gameforms. This looks like it has potential to take the FF Tactics or Shining Force Crown! The animation is AMAZING and so are the characters! We never got it's predecessor "Seven". Am I the only one who hopes this game is released here??

Intro Movie

Class Intro Movie

2. Perhaps you weren't aware, but this is a Namco game. So it's coming around the same time as every other Namco game that isn't Xenosaga: Never.

Namco only localizes 1 RPG every2 years, and if you've played their efforts, they barely get that done. they're not equipped to bring RPGs over.

3. I hope it is too but seeing Namco is doing it doesn't help, mostly because they are releasing that and a few Tales games and my guess is something will be left behind... hopefully that is not the case though.

I'm thinking of picking up the import just in case.

4. I know, I know...but this has so much potential. We have all been waiting for a sucessor to FFT...and this just feels like what I imagined a FFT sucessor to look like. Maybe Working Designs could pick it up...on second thought...lets just hope Namco sees the light. I would rather see this one localized in the US than any of the "Tales" series.

5. Originally posted by Abobo
    I know, I know...but this has so much potential. We have all been waiting for a sucessor to FFT...and this just feels like what I imagined a FFT sucessor to look like.
    Or maybe the sucessor to Final Fantasy Tactics is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance?

And yea..Venus & Braves looks good...but don't get your hopes up.

6. Well...FFT Advance looks good and yes it is the TRUE sucessor....although for some reason, I'm not getting warm and fuzzy about it. V&B just has some charm to it. I can't put my finger on it. I'm not holding my breath.

7. FFTA is my most awaited game in years.

I never thought we'd see a sequel to FFT...so actually getting one is beyond sweet.

Couple that with the GC GBA Player and I'll be one happy monkey come release time.

8. Don't get me wrong FFTA looks sweet. But when I look at the characters, anmiation, and overall look of V&B..I just get a big smile on my face. Maybe it's the fact that it is on a more powerful system. I guess I want my Strategy/RPG fix on my PS2 rather than GBA. I just hope that the gameplay matches the visuals. I think the art in V&B blows away FFT. I know a game isn't all about looks..but I just can't help but be impressed.

9. Originally posted by Abobo
    Don't get me wrong FFTA looks sweet. But when I look at the characters, anmiation, and overall look of V&B..I just get a big smile on my face. Maybe it's the fact that it is on a more powerful system. I guess I want my Strategy/RPG fix on my PS2 rather than GBA. I just hope that the gameplay matches the visuals. I think the art in V&B blows away FFT. I know a game isn't all about looks..but I just can't help but be impressed.
    That's pretty much how everybody felt about Hoshigami.

And look how that turned out...

10. Ture.....I guess we will just wait and see. Maybe Namco will surprise us at E3. I also heard that V&B has some online elements to it. Anyone know what it is? Sadly I fear that the fact that it has online stuff might be one of the reasons it might never make it here. Grrr....