Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: pay homage to the greatest martial arts flick. ever!!!

1. pay homage to the greatest martial arts flick. ever!!!

and if you thought that movie was Bloodsport, you are so correct that you deserve a pat on the back. if you thought along the lines of American Ninja or Best of the Best, you are very gay. very, very gay. those movies sucked and not even years of therapy could/would/should make you think otherwise.

Seanbaby's love of Bloodsport... and something about Flash Gordon

share your love of this wonderful movie. ponder why this movie isn't even out on dvd. but more importantly... join in the love that is... the Kumite.

2. this is van damme at his best

one gripe I had about the film was they portrayed Bolo as a korean dude. Thats just wrong. Koreans don't cheat :/

That one scene where Bolo throws the powder into Van Damme's eyes is pretty fuqin hilarious.

I sometimes reanact that scene where Van Damme is trying to fight while being temporarily blinded.

3. While Bloodsport is a great film, its not Van Damms best. Hard Target is Best Vandamm film, thanks to John Woo.

We can call Bloodsport, Van Damms best Martial Arts film though It does have great fights, and Bolo is good as ever

4. What if I thought none of those, and Fist of Legend popped in my head instead? Partially because of its great story, as well as the fight scenes (though the rigged areas in the final scene kinda show, like the breaking tree that obviously been dead), especially the blind one. That was great.

Still need to see Bloodsport. We were gonna rent it about a week ago...

5. Van Damme movies always follow the same route. but Bloodsport... Bloodsport is just something incredibly special. this is the echelon of all Van Damme movies. compared to Bloodsport, Hard Target might as well be a Segal movie.

i'm partial to the Quest since it's like a semi-type sequel to Bloodsport. but the Quest doesn't have Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds or Karate Champ.

6. Klonoa, are you korean? Did u watch the olympics? Remember Apollo Anton Ono getting elbowed? At any rate, its the best AMERICAN martial arts film. You get so much 80s cheeze... after one view, you'll blowing your nose with a sandwich. No other movies had such memorable lines like "You roose, American asshole" or "Very Good. BUT BRICK NOT HIT BACK!". If that's not classic, I don't know what is. The main theme! Who could forget "I fight to surviiiiiiiiiiiiiive"?
    KUMITE!
    KUMITE!
    KUMITE!
    ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA

7. KUMITE!
    KUMITE!
    KUMITE!

8. At risk of starting some sort of flame war, I'm not even going to get into how Bloodsport isn't anywhere near being the greatest martial arts flick ever.

But that's a tough call. For pure stunts and martial arts, I'm not sure. But as an overall film I think Crouching Tiger is the best. Cast is great, fights are amazingly well done and the whole film is just beautiful.

Oh and speaking of ninjas, if anyone hasn't seen this site yet, I urge you to visit and laugh your ass off immediately. Real Ultimate Power
    "Mother, this is your son, Roger Thornhill...No, no, Mother. I have not been drinking. No, no. These two men, they poured a whole bottle of bourbon into me. No, they didn't give me a chaser."

9. Well, Until I see Seagal in John Woo film, Hard Target is Vandamm best Even working Vandam who behaved like an ass during shoot, bitching studio who wanted to cut the film the way they wanted(and eventually did), Woo still put some of the most memorable action scenes in US film. And Vandamm looked cool as well.

In Bloodsport he did look kinda dorky.

10. I liked Bloodsport, but I feel Van Damme's best movie in Cyborg... nothing but fighting, the story was kindof cool and best of all Van Damme did very little acting or speaking in it. Hard Target was also good, I have the banner for that movie when I was working at the theatre ^_^

(While playing Karate Champ)
    "Aren't you a little young to be fighting in the Kumite..."
    "Aren't you a little old to be playing video games"