Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oscar nominations

1. Actually Ice Age and Lilo & Stitch have a good chance of taking it.
    God is Rome

2. Miyazaki should win for all of his contributions to filmmaking in general. He is easily one of the world's greatest filmmakers, living or dead - it just so happens he works with animated beings rather than live ones.

And holy shit, Scorsese better win this year. He fucking deserves it. How many other filmmakers can say that they have one of the best (arguably the best) of the 1970s (Taxi Driver), 1980s (Raging Bull), and 1990s (Goodfellas). While Im sure it means little to him it would be nice if he gets what he deserved 27 years ago.

3. I just want to say that if Catherine Zeta Jones wins an Oscar she'll become even more annoying. The bitch already thinks she's royalty 'cause she's married to that corpse Michael Douglas.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Well, I'm sure they give Scorcese and Gangs the Oscars, just because of films patriotic themes, and fact that Scorcese didnt get anything his whole career.

I agree that Miyazaki should win. But if they would still go with US made animated film, choose Lilo and Stich, one of the few Disney films that can really enjoy.

5. Originally posted by Despair
    Well, I'm sure they give Scorcese and Gangs the Oscars, just because of films patriotic themes, and fact that Scorcese didnt get anything his whole career.
    Gangs of New York isn't what I would call patriotic...

6. What's with Richard Gere getting snubbed? He won the Golden Globe, but didn't even get a nomination?

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010