Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A recent sketch

1. A recent sketch

It's been about a year since I've drawn anything. A co-worker wanted me to make up a small picture with a quote for his daughter. The quote was from Emerson and theme was "success". I made up several thumbnails including one cued from a bit too much Ikaruga, and it turns out that was the one that interested him....

For larger pic...

www.boomspeed.com/neoalpha0/bird.jpg

The scanning drained some of the color out (especially the sky), at this stage I still have to finish the foreground and work with the white spaces on the mountains. The block of text will go in the upper-left section, which I dread as my handwriting is poor. Any feedback is appreciated, especially with regard to color, too much?

Thanks! *-neo

2. That's nuts...
    Color's perfect, methinks.

All you need are some enemies and explosions, and you're all set to show them what success really is...
    MASS DESTRUCTION!!!!!!

...or... were you aiming for something else?

3. Actually I have a idea for a piece of Ikaruga fanart, just need to get off my lazy behind .

The guy was really confused when I told him the sketch was inspired by a video game.

*-neo

Re: A recent sketch

Originally posted by neoalphazero
    ...work with the white spaces on the mountains.
    Mountains? I thought it was an ocean!

The color is amazing, nonetheless, though.

5. That's really nice neo. Personally, I wouldn't change a thing. The white really gives it sort of an ethereal feel of light coming through. Maybe add the text in Photoshop or Illustrator if you aren't confident in doing it by hand.

6. Re: Re: A recent sketch

Originally posted by Rich
    Mountains? I thought it was an ocean!

!!!

I never noticed that, the waves would be oddly shaped but I can see it.

Cigs, I think that's what I'll do. Scan it to Photoshop, insert the text, and see if my old art prof will let me use the graphic design printer. I'll give the guy the original work along with the copy.

Thanks guys! *-neo

7. oooOOOooo

8. Love the colours. They make the picture more than anything else. I'd buy that and put it on my wall if I saw it for sale.

Are you selling? hehe. And how big is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Re: Re: Re: A recent sketch

Originally posted by neoalphazero

I never noticed that, the waves would be oddly shaped but I can see it.

Even looking at it now, I still see an ocean rather than mountains. You should tell him it's an ocean.

10. Originally posted by Andrew
    Love the colours. They make the picture more than anything else. I'd buy that and put it on my wall if I saw it for sale.

Are you selling? hehe. And how big is it?
    Hee nope, it's all his. It's pretty small at a mere 8 by 11 inches.

Rich, I've never mentioned to him that the bird was flying above mountains, I should ask him what it looks like and go with that answer . *-neo