Thread: New pics

1. New pics

2. They're not working at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Add a '?' at the end of the url

I really like the first. The warehouse one is a nice use of perspective, but the character further back looks a little off. I dunno if it's the cast shadow that's doing that or what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. The perspective of the 2nd is off. If it is kept the same then the vanishing point would be just behind the door, which isn't accurate for the view. The figures are nicely drawn though. (I assume you're using one point, since that's what the view dictates.)

The first one is good, but the hand shortening towards use has some figure problems in the form of the knuckles. But the wrist looks good in the way it's coming to the front.

I also am not a fan of Anime, at all. Actually I am but only when it's done well like Akira (even then the lip synching really needs work) so... yeah. But they do show skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. I like the first character's design alot.
    I agree with Andrew that the perspective in the second one is skiewed. The problem isn't necessarialy with the line perspective as that seems to be fine but with the character perspective. The problem with single point perspective is that it is used for an illusion, to generate a realistic top down image like the one your atempting you'll need a seperate vanishing point for the people and other objects heading upward in space. Try taking some pictures with a wideangle or fisheye lens, then tracing every object back to it's particular vanishing point with a marker. It'll give you a good idea what to look for in perspective drawings. For drawing realistic lighting try setting a seperate vanishing point for a light source and stem all shadows back to it. It really is a good begining though and I'd be interested in seeing it inked or colored.

6. nice shadows dude
    [Insert large, loud, flashing signature here]

7. thanks for the critiques . when I go to the store today I'll have to look at some art books to learn more about perspective because I can't recall much about one-point perspective off the top of my head