Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: .hack//Official

1. News .hack//Official

.hack//Infection is coming out tomorrow. Who is getting it?

If it's at the store tomorrow I'll be picking it up. If not I'll get it ASAP. I am really excited about the game and I have been for a while. Once I read the reviews I became even more excited about it. It may not be for everyone but I think it's up my tree. I really love the game concept and the character design... and it sounds like a lot of fun. I hope it lives up to the expectations.

If anyone has not seen it, check out the official website:

» http://dothack.com/game/

2. I have mine preordered at amazon.com, so when ever they ship it that is when I will get it, I got the game for free so I can't complain if it takes a few extra days to get it

3. Yeah, I wanna play this too, but Xenosaga and Dark Cloud 2 are higher on my list, so I think I'll wait on this one. I really like the idea of being able to take powered up characters from the first game and using them in each consecutive sequel. Hopefully this trend will be adopted in more RPGs.

4. I'm gettin it for Valentines day. Can't fricken wait!

5. Yeh there is a real glut of RPGs being released this month and in the near future.... .hack, Dark Cloud 2, Breath of Fire V, Xenosaga, Golden Sun II, Lufia, etc etc etc... and I have not even finished or bought some other recent RPGs like Phantasy Star Collection and Lunar Legend...

.hack is at the top of my list though.

Anyway, I agree about the carrying over of characters from game-to-game. It may make the subsequent games even more interesting.

6. Yeah, I'm definitely planning on picking it up in the next day or two, it was one of the most interesting games I played last year at E3 and really piqued my interest.

Too bad it's only 25 hours long...ah, well, it comes with a 45-minute anime DVD, is one part in a four part saga, and Xenosaga's coming out at the end of the month anyway. Should be a very enjoyable 25 hours
    omg TNL epics!

7. Hopefully I'll have some RPG interest left after Skies of Arcadia Legends and Xenosaga. Usually I can only stand to play an RPG every few months before my intrest in them wanes. Ah well, I'll be picking it up in a week anyway
    You probably don't think I'm a very nice guy...

8. I'll borrow Chux' copy.

9. Mine is reserved and I'll be picking up that shizzle today.

10. Somebody convince me to buy this game, because I really want to like it

I really, REALLY like the concept of it, but everything I've heard has said that it didn't work out too well. The battles seem pretty neat, the whole of idea of playing a game inside a game is quirky, and the overall style of the game seems fantastic. But it's pretty short, and doesn't have much in the way of a resolution.

I understand that they planned it that way, but then, why not release it for like 30 bucks instead of 50? I'd be happy to get it without the DVD.