Thread: Massive Attack: 100th Window

1. Massive Attack: 100th Window

Beautiful. It's very different from all of their other albums. Sinead O Connor is on three songs, all of which are beautiful. 3-D and Horace Andy provide vocals individually on the remaining 6 tracks. I guess Grant "Daddy G" Marshall decided to sit this one out, he doen't appear anywhere on the album except in the 'Thanks" fine print.

Don't go in expecting Protection, or even Mezzanine. This is a completely new Massive Attack, and it's damn good.

2. OUTstanding. I knew it was coming, but wasn't sure when.

All over it, am I.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

3. Had it since a couple months ago. Great album.
    if ya see a sucker, cut him, don’t like perpetrators
    http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/doktorMott.png

4. Holy crap, I didn't even know they did another album. I thought they'd broken up. Personally I liked Protection more than Mezzanine, but I'm curious to see what they've done here.
    -Kyo

5. Originally posted by StriderKyo
    Holy crap, I didn't even know they did another album.
    Maybe you should come to Music Discussion more often.
    if ya see a sucker, cut him, don’t like perpetrators
    http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/doktorMott.png

6. Massive attack is only 2 guys now. Daddy G left a long time ago I believe.

I heard one of the sinead songs on the radio the other day.

7. "What Your Soul Sings" is unbelievable. The rest of the album is pretty good too, but doesn't touch the beauty of WYSS.

For those of you who are into the Massive Attack sound, I highly suggest "Basement Music" by Moodorama.

Carlson

8. Originally posted by Rtificial
    Massive attack is only 2 guys now. Daddy G left a long time ago I believe.
    100th Window is just 3D, although Marshall may return. That's fine, since it's pretty apparent by now that Del Naja's the brains behind the whole operation.

Anyway, I picked the album up this week. It took a few listens, but it's really growing on me. It's remarkable if only for the fact that for the first time in 10 years, Horace Andy's voice doesn't annoy me. In fact, Everywhen is probably my favourite track on the album. I'd have to say that overall I like it better than Mezzanine.

I'd read that Damon Albarn was on Small Time Shot Away, but I don't hear him there or anywhere else on the album. He's not mentioned in the liner notes, although he does get a "thanks". Hmmm.
    -Kyo

9. I have only heard Special Cases, but I like it a lot.

I think Protection is better than Mezzanine is better than Blue Lines. Not quite sure what means for 100th Window, but thats that.