Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming Parties

1. Gaming Parties

Every month or so I hold a party with my buddies with gaming as a central highlight. Its a good time, and often lasts 10+ hours.

I supply the food and drinks- no alcohol, only caffine. I have 3 Televisions set up: 2 for gaming only, while another is often used for DVD movies. Also, I have the wiring set up for laptop LAN parties if my pals bring their computers.

Fighting games get the most playtime, but sometimes classics like Smash TV, Warlords, and Guardian Heroes come out. Previously, the entire party has ended up being a nonsop StarCraft tourney.

Each party costs me about $100 (6-10 guests typically) and a lot of setup and cleanup time.

However, its a great time and well worth the effort.

Anyone else have gaming parties?

2. I used to have Toukon Retsuden parties. Me and a group of about seven or eight friends would just play that game for hours on end, while drinking endless supplies of soda (it was about seven years ago) and eating tons of chips. This was done on a weekly basis, and everyone kept track of stats and stuff for their matches.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. I concur.

I think the highlight of these parties are the fist-fights. When tempers flair (don't serve alcohol), and people start making you their Halo bitch, well, then it's time to go home.

4. I once joined in a friends Diablo 2 lan party it was tons of fun. Hoping that I can find enough people down here sometime to get one going but I doubt I'll find more than 3 people. Plus my TV sucks so I'll hafta put some cash into a new TV.

5. I only have one friend that plays videogames but we drink every friday and play Quake 3 on the DC, I never liked the game before but now it gets more time than most of my titles. Every match lost is one glass of beer, and now we play for money too, 1$ per match. I've only experienced what you talk about one time but it was fun.

6. I would have gaming parties if people took care of my stuff.
    If things are under control and there is no soda spilling on controllers/consoles/games going on I'd have one in my living room. I'd have them bring their controllers though.

7. ... then there's the obligatory "My controller is busted complaints" once you pop a muthafucker in the head...

8. Originally posted by Will
    I would have gaming parties if people took care of my stuff.
    If things are under control and there is no soda spilling on controllers/consoles/games going on I'd have one in my living room. I'd have them bring their controllers though.
    Quit being so anal.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

9. Simple solution:

No drinks within 5 feet of the consoles.

A roll of paper towels on hand- wipe your hands before touching the controllers!

10. No one ever wipes their hand. Instead we have designated eating breaks.