Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Gamertag field

1. I'm a pretty violent opponent of graphic sigs and excessive avatars in general, but I'm usually of the quiet and grouchy bent, rather than the loud and complaining type. The recent changes have been enough to make me post here though

Why not change the xbox gamer tag from taking up an extra 40 pixels for no reason to having line1: Xbox Gamertag line2: Actual name. You could keep it on the bottom of the (already cluttered) avatar area so that there'd never be any confusion as to what part is the gamertag, since all the others are on a single line.

The reason I'm bringing this up is the gamertag (which is causing all text to be compressed by that 40 pixels) is also now apparently going to increase the avatar size by that much as well.

Bleh. I know I can turn off or shrink sigs in my options, is there a similar field for disabling user window stuff? k, done whining :P
    Have a Pile of Shame? Destroy it! Join the Warpact

2. Picky, picky :p

Hi,

The gamer tag field is appreciated by all who are an active part of the TNL XBL community. As much as I could have easily posted yet another generic field. XBL is a very big aspect in the lives of many gamers right now. The field regardless if some aren't an active part of it has significant on this board. In all due respect, it's hardly affecting one's ability to post nor does it hinders the board functionality. This is argument of personal taste and more members are welcome to speak out; but while I generally have the custom of bending over backwards to try to accomodate everyone, that won't happen on this occassion.

Unfortunately there is no option to disable the field, and the best I can do in your case is apologize. I value the criticism, but I to feel it's mildly petty.

Note: the XBL tag is not affecting the avatar size in any way. (Compare our Headlines board composition to that of the of an alternate theme) Prior to its integration, the postbit composition remained the same.

Random thought: I wonder how many ppl complained to inkblot about the XBL field at SRK?