Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: New avatar size, what do you think?

1. sggg (and for those just turning in: Altering the parameters does not - I repeat, does NOT affect existing users. It simply means new users will have to use the new parameters and for those that feel entitled to change could do so. I am not sure where people are getting the idea that suddenly this is a do or die deal.

2. This depends on how the gamertag field is set up. If it's going on a pixel width measurement, set avatars to that same width, but don't increase the height -- the standard post size (i.e. only one line or so of text) is fine, it doesn't need to be larger). If it's just fit in or on a percent measurement, don't change the avatars -- some people on different resolutions may not see the gamertag as wide as some others, so you'd just make the avatars wider than they should be.

3. Originally posted by bahn
    sggg (and for those just turning in: Altering the parameters does not - I repeat, does NOT affect existing users. It simply means new users will have to use the new parameters and for those that feel entitled to change could do so. I am not sure where people are getting the idea that suddenly this is a do or die deal.
    I am not sure why I was confusered. It was just the impression I had gotten from reading the thread. Re-reading it seems to have cleared that up.

Can existing users change to widescreen then change back in the future?

4. If it was set to a value which falls in between 160x70 or said kb value, yes.

5. Originally posted by 88mph
    Widescreen avatars would be very cool.

6. It's a neat idea, but I don't like the idea of shorter avatars... how about 160 x 80 which is a little bigger in the height and a 2:1 aspect ratio in size

7. Widescreen avatars?
    Eh....sounds a bit fishy.

8. "widescreen" is just the informal name people are calling it. There's nothing fishy about it.

9. The more area a user has for their avatar, the more room he/she has to make it look awful. IMO.

10. Originally posted by andyrose
    The more area a user has for their avatar, the more room he/she has to make it look awful. IMO.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.