Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: New avatar size, what do you think?

1. Bah... I'm too lazy to make a new avatar to take advantage of ths fantasitic new revelation...

2. Originally posted by CypherUppercut
    Bah... I'm too lazy to make a new avatar to take advantage of ths fantasitic new revelation...

but you know you wanna...

3. yeah...

BUT DAMN... THE LAZINESS!

Eh... I'll make a new one next week.

4. I'm loving this new resolution, it makes the text-based avatars I've used much easier to read.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. And I actually thought I had an avatar that I may keep for more than a little while?

Oh well. I love it anyway!
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

6. Could someone make the background for my avatar transparent?

No Photoshop...

7. I can't get any 160x160 images to load. It always says the image is too large...? It doesn't matter how large it is, as long as it's under the maximum, but it *will* accept one if I make like 100x100...what gives?

8. That's because you're not supposed to be uploading a 160x160 image. It's 160x100.

Instructions say in the section where a custom avatar is uploaded: the maximum size of your custom image is 160 by 100 or 1500000 bytes (whichever is smaller).

9. Maybe it does *now*. It *used* to say 160x160. And for the record, I just tried to upload a 160x100 avatar, and it didn't take that either.

10. What gives? what are you reading? and where did you get the impression that a 160x160 image was permitted?

All of us are uploading dimensions of 160x100 images or lower...

Originally posted by Apokryphos
    Maybe it does *now*. It *used* to say 160x160. And for the record, I just tried to upload a 160x100 avatar, and it didn't take that either.
    Despite what the SOFTWARE may have shown in one section of the board, the official value was announced as 160x100 and everyone that's come across this board understood this. ...so there's no need to be getting frustrated since I didn't leave the community in the dark. There's even a redirect to this particular thread which everyone has at some point become aware of.

Rather than take the board fully offline, I was adjusting a few variables (one of which I was stuck for some time) which included the default dimensions which were designated to 160x160...but in no way was this conveyed to be an official dimension, nor will it ever be.

I figured by now that everyone could easily deduce what is acceptable based on the images that have been uploaded this far. No one is allowed to post an image greater than 160x100.

Re image: if it's not working ...that's because it's larger than 1500000 bytes (whichever is smaller; basically either or...not both).

Are you following me now?

If you have Photoshop or something. Optimize the image by reducing its image quality somewhat. that will get it under the designated byte value so it can be uploaded w/o incident.