Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: New avatar size, what do you think?

1. New avatar size, what do you think?

Based on Andy's recent comment, I've been looking into adjusting the avatar size so that it's much wider than it currently is...approximately talking about 150-160 pixels to be exact and around 60-70 pixels in height.

In addition, not that bandwidth remains an issue, but to ensure optimal speed on the boards, I will be looking into remote image input for avatars (in other words, they'd have to be loaded on another server instead of ours). This will save space for other essential things. Please get the word out regarding this thread since this discussion affects EVERYONE on the boards...

2. More width = good
    Less height = bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

3. Smaller is better imho.

I also think keeping the aspect ratio the same (ie. squares) works better for most peoples avatars.

Widescreen avatars would be very cool.

5. It should be noted that existing avatars wouldn't be affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

6. As far as width goes, as long as the user info area doesn't increase in size (shortening the width of the post) wider is fine. I agree with burgundy about less height=bad though.

As far as the remote hosting, I personally don't have a problem with it since I have 10MB of web space from my ISP.
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

7. Widescreen avatars = uber slick, imo
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

8. more options are always better

Is it possible to keep 100x100 and have 70x160?

That way the squares could keep theirs and the hip kids could go widescreen...