Page 1 of 36 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Lets just call this official)

1. Mega Drive Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Lets just call this official)

Just started playing it and I have to say that I am highly impressed. The colors are vibrant and the sound is easily the best that the GBA has to offer, infact it's on par with the PSX version on the music front. The gameplay is also similar in every way thus far. I'm also liking the setting and I can't wait to see how it effects the events. I haven't progressed too far yet but I'll keep you up to date.

Also does anyone know if Square used the same two composers for this title that were used in the PSX version?

Anyone else get a chance to play it yet?

2. Re: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Jap)

Originally posted by ShineAqua
    ...the sound is easily the best that the GBA has to offer, infact it's on par with the PSX version on the music front.
    Not that I don't believe you...

But FFT for psone was one of my fave soundtracks of all time and I honestly don't feel that the GBAs score will hold a candle to it.

Of course if it does...*dead*

3. I'm serious about the music, it's jaw droppingly good. I'm always amazed by the sound the GBA is capable of.

I should also add that, although it was obviously not going to be the case I was hoping against hope, you can't rotate the battle field which can lead to minor angle obscurity.

I just got to an opening credit sequence that just beautiful, best I can describe is that characters are being sketched in and then rubbed out with fake lettering also being written in the background.

4. Hmmm....

I dunno. I want to believe, but I just can't. Not yet atleast.

5. Originally posted by ShineAqua
    I should also add that, although it was obviously not going to be the case I was hoping against hope, you can't rotate the battle field which can lead to minor angle obscurity.
    it's not the angle obscurity that gets me.. when the battle field can't be rotated, level design is limited. pretty much every battle becomes an uphill fight, just so that it's possible to see every area of the battlefield. while much of final fantasy tactics was the same way, it had some clever maps that wouldn't be possible in an unrotatable 2d setting.

despite my whining, there's nothing that can keep me away from this game. i am so there.

6. I'll probably have mine next week, can't wait to try it myself

7. US release date?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. I just go to the world map and there's this odd feature called "World Law," I'm not sure what it is yet but I assume it has something to do with the physics and other such rules by which the world lives by. Also as soon as you get to the map you have to place a city down on one of many empty "slots" on the map. There is a job system like the PSX version, although I cant quite figure out how to do more than change jobs yet. As far as equiping abilities as much as I can figure thus far you can equip two actions (attacks,) one reaction (I'd assume to retaliate to a phtsical or magic attack and perhaps even a reaction when certain criteria are met,) one Support (healing and such I'd wager,) and one combo (I have no clue.)

I'm still loving the music by the way.

I'm off to bed so more tommorrow.

9. Originally posted by Hero
    US release date?
    None so far, it'll probably be announced at this years E3 though

10. I really want this game! Damn my financial situation! Damn it to Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.