Page 1 of 54 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Xenosaga - Official Thread

Xenosaga - Official Thread

Xenosaga is approaching. I can't wait to play(more like watch) it. I just hope it can come close to Xenogears' quality. The OPM review was fairly positive and the video on the disc looked good.

2. Damn you! I was going to make this thread!

*knows he shouldn't have procrastinated*

Anyway, yeah, I really can't wait for this game. EGM said "mind boggling story," so I'm just wondering how it's going to stack up against Xenogears. A hard act to follow, me thinks.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

3. Well, I've already picked up Skies of Arcadia Legends and .hack.

After I finish .hack I'll be playing Breath of Fire V, then after BoF it will be Dark Cloud 2.

And after I finish with all of those...then it will be time for Xenosaga.

I'm excited about it, but the sheer number of cinemas has me put off a bit.

4. This looks like a slam dunk for best rpg of the generation so far, although I guess it depends on how well they balance the cut scenes and the gameplay.

But for me the most encouraging part of the OPM review was that they kept the crazy all-over-the-place philosophical/religious/occult/quantum physics/psychological references, which was the main thing I liked about the first game. Any videogame that references the Zohar, Jungian Individuation, Zen material transcendance and conservation of energy as it applies to cosmic constants is worth playing in my book.

The one thing that turns me off is the character designs - they're obviously hyper-hentai, and since the females all look 12-and-under that's kind of a turnoff if I have to spend the whole game looking at them and watching their clothes fly off in magical censored-by-glowing-light Sailor Moon transformation scenes.

Anyway, this game is one of the main reasons I got a PS2, and I'll definitely be grabbing it when it's out in two weeks.
    -Kyo

5. Damn you! I was going to make this thread!
    I can't wait any longer they need to release the damn thing already.

6. hrm, saying the girls all look "under 12 and hyper hentai" is a bit of a stretch. MOMO, sure. KOS-MOS wears suggestive clothes. but i don't think she looks "under 12" nor does shion. and there are plenty of other minor female characters who look nothing of the sort...

7. I intend on finishing Skies of Arcadia Legends before even openeing the game, but I'm excited about it, no doubt. I had my reservations when I heard about all the FMV in the game, but since its going to be such a story driven, cinematic game, I have no problems with that. As long as they don't dress it up to be something its not (like Squaresoft), then I'm fine with it.
    You probably don't think I'm a very nice guy...

8. I'll get it eventually for Mitsuda's work alone. If the story rivals that of Xenogears, I'll be in heaven.

9. Originally posted by Kinopio
    I'll get it eventually for Mitsuda's work alone.
    I don't think Mitsuda had any involvement with the soundtrack.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood