Thread: Acclaim being sued by Dave Mira

1. Acclaim being sued by Dave Mira

From Magic Box:

The BMX star Dave Mirra has filed a lawsuit against Acclaim Entertainment, claiming a US$21 million compensation for abusing his name and image to market the company's another BMX sports game BMX XXX.
    Hopefully he'll win and Acclaim will be wiped from the face of the earth.

2. Whoops...

3. Well, well, well! Isn't your face RED Actually that's orange-red. But you get the drift.

So, now we have a stalemate, no? You sitting there with an orange-red face that I call red but it's not really, and me eating a pineapple. What's that? You want a piece? Well, it's really juicy so I'd rather keep it? No Melf, sit down, no melf, what are you doing? Stop it Melf, put down that chainsaw!

Haha! The chainsaws out of "JUICE". Kind of like the juice of my pineapple being drank bit by bit. Melf, no! Don't pick up that wood axe! Haha, the axe is stuck in a log and you cannot pull it out! HAHAHAHAHA! No melf, put down tha.....

R.I.P.

Anyhoo. I didn't know they actually USED his trademarks and image within the actual title! I thought he informed them to take them out as to not tarnish his image or whatnot. If they did it without his consent then it's a good thing! If not then he's a bastard.

Either way Acclaim could be done for. Which isn't good for an industry but it's good for us gamers! YEEEHAAWW!!!

p.s. But it's all the way on page THREE! It might aswell be on page 3 MILLION. *groan*
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. That post was gold... I think.

Dave Mirra is my favorite person ever.

5. I never read the other thread, so I'll post my veiw here. This was a Dave Mirra game, until his agents told him it would'nt be a good idea to have his name associated with such a game. I can't see him winning in court, if Acclaim has signed contracts with him, for the game.

6. I want some of that pineapple. Dave Mirra sure is a fucked up case. I don't understand what made him suddenly change his mind from when Acclaim asked him if he wanted to lend his name to the game. If he agreed in the first place I have no idea why he'd turn around and change his mind so suddenly. If it's just for his image than I think that's pathtiec because he is just bowing to others pressure and not staying true to himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

7. i think choosing not to be in a game that will turn out to be shitty and drag its associates and standards of decency down with it is being pretty damn true to yourself.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

8. His choice to yank his name from the game, but I think a lawsuit is kind of silly. First he decided to be in, then he decided to be out. He made his choices and doesn't get to sue.

I hope Acclaim kicks his sorry ass in court, and I hate to say that.

James

9. Odds are, Acclaim will win the suit.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan