Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting my portable MVS

1. Starting my portable MVS

If anybody has been reading Click Stick's Supergun thread, you know that I've been inspired to make a protable Neo Geo. I got off to a good start last night. I hooked my PS1 monitor up to my Supergun using a hacked cable made from a PS2 Guncon adapter. And.....it works! (sort of). Some PCB's look great like SFII Turbo

I also have my large Neo Geo running perfectly. However, other PCB's like Double Dragon and my small Neo Geo still scroll vertically, although the picture is perfect otherwise.

Turns out the problem I was having last night was improper grounding. I still need +5v connected before the monitor back light comes on as well. Without +5v connected I can see a faint image of the game on the screen, but it is mostly all black with no backlight. Strange....

Still, I'm really psyched about this one. The picture above does not convey how perfect everything looks. It seriously looks as pixel-perfect as low res PS1 games with the monitor conventionally hooked up to the PS1.

2. I am greatly looking forward to the finished product. It's amazing to see things like this people think up and create... Now... hop to it!

3. Very nice. Keep us updated. DIY Gaming projects are always cool as hell.

4. You have chubby fingers.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Originally posted by Dolemite
    You have chubby fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

6. Originally posted by Dolemite
    You have chubby fingers.
    They're attached to the chubby rest-of-me.

7. You are chubby

Great job man. Its always cool to hear about your experiments, and you're doing great job

8. dood. It looks pretty good. Reminds me of when I first tested up my GBA MiracleRay. I nearly jumped through the roof because of the quality. Pixel for pixel.

I also have my large Neo Geo running perfectly. However, other PCB's like Double Dragon and my small Neo Geo still scroll vertically, although the picture is perfect otherwise.
    Check that the composite sync voltage level on those DD and Neo boards is not above +1.0Volts. Again you can use a multimeter set to AC. It also could be that the Neo's V-sync is not 60Hz but is some odd 57.9 or something and therefore can't be used with the LCD.

On a side note, I too have picked up my earlier project of a Multi Jamma. It is basically a manual switch box with all connectors modularized like using 78pin D-subs and huge cables for power. It will also just have a PSOne AV out plug instead of a gazillion RCA plugs which most superguns seem to have. A RGB/Component switch on pins 9, 11, and 12. Probably supporting only 480i mode.
    I don't know how to get rid of the huge space here.

9. Thanks Seen. I gotta' check all that. Man, I hope the small MVS doesn't sync to an odd rate. It wouldn't make much sense to make a portable out of the large MVS...but I'd still do it.

I gotta' see some pictures of this JAMMA box of yours...

Very nice.

I wish I had the knowledge and ability to actually come up with the ideas I get... I have come up with some "doozies".