Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New FFX-2 Trailer

1. Gimme.

2. FFX isn't my favorite RPG ever but I liked the characters so much coupled with the moving ending--I can't wait for this game. I would have been happy with an all cutscene driven story disc but I guess the Japanese loved it so much they demanded a full game.

3. And just what is wrong with the ATB system? Am I mistaken, or is that the system used in FF4?

Maybe we should start another thread on the ATB system...

4. And just what is wrong with the ATB system?
    it's just a preference. you like it, you like it. you hate it, you hate it. *shrugs*

5. Originally posted by Ashen Victor
    it's just a preference. you like it, you like it. you hate it, you hate it. *shrugs*
    You mean if you hate it you're wrong, right?

I think they should kill the three party member crap and get back to five in battle at once - no switching.

/on topic

The video is nice, Square has some great artists working for them. The battle look like they may be faster paced (good) and more exciting. I like.

I still need to finish FFX...

6. Originally posted by Six
    And just what is wrong with the ATB system? Am I mistaken, or is that the system used in FF4?

Maybe we should start another thread on the ATB system...

The ATB system is fine, quite a nice one indeed. But the system in FFX was much better, one of the nicest "still placement" battle systems ever (I mean that in reference to RPG systems in which you have no control over character movement, only actions). To create a sequel and use the old style removes what (I feel) was the only reason at all to play FFX in the first place. It's like going backwards for no reason.
    I think they should kill the three party member crap and get back to five in battle at once - no switching.
    When did they use five? I only remember a maximum of four.

7. They had 5 party members in FF4. I never did like 5 party members; I prefer 3 or 4.

I got around to watching that trailer just now, and god damn, going from FF X to this, this has got to be some of the dumbest shit I've seen in a game. In my opinion. Got to add that last bit, as some of you don't know how to interpret things.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

8. Originally posted by MechDeus
    The ATB system is fine, quite a nice one indeed. But the system in FFX was much better, one of the nicest "still placement" battle systems ever (I mean that in reference to RPG systems in which you have no control over character movement, only actions). To create a sequel and use the old style removes what (I feel) was the only reason at all to play FFX in the first place. It's like going backwards for no reason.When did they use five? I only remember a maximum of four.
    The turn based battles in FFX were so much more strategic (via. the gauge that showed everybodies turns in battle) and quicker than the ATB (Active Time Battle) of the old games, going back to any of them is almost painfull.

Not to mention switching in the party members worked very well, though this seems to be taken place by the "Dress Up" system, so I'll wait to pass judgement on that.

9. Looks good, but nothing to go gaga over.

Surprised they actually did a sequel. Now I know why they choose against it. The game looks neat with the combo system, but overall. Its okay game realtime graphics, and the awe-inspiring, jaw dropping, cinemas of Square. Oh well, I better finish FFx first, before I even think about grabbing this game ... new or used.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. Originally posted by Lordmrw
    They had 5 party members in FF4.
    Ah, that'd be why, I still haven't played FF4 (the only FF released in the US I haven't touched). Maybe one day I'll get to it, I've been meaning to for years.