Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Maintains its No. 2 Lead Over Gamecube

1. Xbox Maintains its No. 2 Lead Over Gamecube

According to the latest NPD Group/NPD Funworld report, the Xbox has jumped by the existing market share of the Nintendo Gamecube, maintaining a 24 percentage since January. Microsoft matuarlly is very delighted with the new highlights as its next-generation platform continues to widen the lead over Gamecube.

With January sales, Xbox increased its cumulative software-to-hardware attach rate to an impressive 4.9 units, the highest for any next-generation console after 15 months on the market.* In addition, the Xbox Live™ service continues to excite gamers around the world. Microsoft has now sold 44 percent more Xbox Live starter kits than Sony has sold of its PS2 network adapters during their first three months in the market.*

Apparently, due to all the hype and expectations of Tecmo's <i>Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball</i> attributes to the system's recent success. The game immediately became the system's No. 1 selling title,selling as many units in 10 days as GameCube consoles sold during the entire month.* When the game launched in Japan during the same period, it rose to the No. 2 bestseller position across all platforms for the week with just two days of sales behind it (Media Create Co. Ltd.).

"We’re glad that the ‘DOA’ franchise continues to be a strong force behind the success of Xbox," said John Inada, general manager of Tecmo. "Following the success of our million-selling Xbox launch title ‘Dead or Alive 3,’ we were confident that the loyal fans of the ‘DOA’ series would embrace ‘DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball’ in full force. Combine the high-level gameplay and compelling game concept with the best machine and you really can’t lose."

Over the holidays, the Xbox has continued to capitalize on its momentum coming out of the recent holiday by outselling GameCube on console sales by a 2-to-1 margin in January, the widest variance in the past eight months. Plus, ever since the new holiday bundle package was released, the platform has outsold the Gamecube Mario Sunshine Bundle more than 3 to 1 according to the January 2003 TRSTS report.

Now, if only they could do something about improving their controllers...

2. *breaks out Bicardi*

3. Great news.

Now what the hell does "matuarlly" mean?

4. Up next. Dead or Alive Xtreme- Golf, Ping-Pong, Curling, Billiards, Model Ship Building and Sleeping.

Dead or Alive 4 has been no tenative release date.

5. Dead or Alive 4? I thought it was gonna be Dead or Alive Cronus first.

Hmmmm, I think DoA Xtreme Beach Pogosticking could be the next million seller for Tecmo.

6. Good. That's the way it should be. Had not the PS2 had such a jump-start on the Xbox, i would be anticipating Xbox to give the PS2 a run for it's money. One can only hope...
    WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

7. Good. That's the way it should be. Had not the PS2 had such a jump-start on the Xbox, i would be anticipating Xbox to give the PS2 a run for it's money. One can only hope...
    High-Larious!

Combine the high-level gameplay and compelling game concept with the best machine and you really can’t lose."
    Uhg, my head...Well at least they know their target audience well
    Play Guitar Hero //

8. Yeah, but...

Who's making money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. Damn....

I am, at heart, a Nintendo fanboy and it kills me to hear that. Seeing as I hate DOA: XV it worsens the blow.

*sigh*

Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."