Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What weather do YOU like?

1. What weather do YOU like?

Well, reading the other thread about how good the weather been in tha past few days, gave me this idea to make the weather related topic, so anyone can share their weather tastes, and dislikes.

I'm originally from a warm country, with a hot dry climate. In Uzbekistan, we had really mild winters, and really hot dry summers. So when I moved to Wisconsin, I had to adapt to long, cold winter, hot humid summers, and all the other weather in between.

I personally love Fall the most. Its not hot anymore, yet its not freezing either. I love rain, and rainy days, so its another good thing about Fall months. Spring is also good season, since the winter is gone, and more warmer days are here, but I hate the extremely hot days like today. You never know on how to dress for that.

Cold, freezing temperatures and snow, are the worst for me. I hate snow and ice, and cleaning them and driving on them is the pain in the ass. Plus I'm very sensitive to cold

I like dry hot weather like we have at home, I can withstand that easily, but humidity combined with heat, really gets to me. When temperatures hit 90 or more here in WI, its an awefull time.

2. Here's what I like weatherwise:

Low humidity
    Temperature between 69-90 F
    Clear with no wind
    Just enough rain to avoid drought

And what I hate:

High humidity (which makes a hot day go bad, or a cold day even worse- causing frost on the windshield)
    Temperatures under 32 F
    Strong breezes
    Extreme cloudiness causing gray skies
    Excessive rain
    Snow, Ice, Hail

My favorite month is probably June. The excessive rain of April and May is behind us at that time, and it doesn't get too hot- until about August.

It all depends on the humidity here. 90 is OK with low humidity. If the humidity gets too high (Common in OH) then it can be hell.

3. i like the winter the most. i like rainy and cold days; not biting cold, just cold. i'm very sensitive to heat and sunlight, so if it's too intense in those departments, i really don't like it.

i really like days that are clear and cool, with blue sky and minimal sun. those are the best days.

4. I love rain and snow, though snow doesn't happen much here, and can't stand to look up and not see at least a cloud or two.

5. Originally posted by Nash
    i like the winter the most. i like rainy and cold days; not biting cold, just cold. i'm very sensitive to heat and sunlight, so if it's too intense in those departments, i really don't like it.
    See: above.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. i like fall the most. i like spring as well, but it kinda sucks 'cause i know it's just gonna get hotter with summer around the corner. no matter how hot it is, you can't walk around naked to be comfortable....well, some people might, but i wouldn't. even if you could walk around naked, it'd still get to a point where it's just too hot. in the fall however, the air is so crisp. the sun's still out and it's not too cloudy and the air is just cool enough that you could wear a jacket out if you want. i know that it'll get colder, but i can always put on more clothes to be comfortable outside....unlike summer.

Temperature extremes of any kind DONT really bother me. I'm one of those people who are not bothering by wearing T-shirts when it's cold. I used to live in Vermont, so I love the cold. Not so much because I actually prefer the temp or humidity or precipitation or whatnot, but it brings back warm and fuzzy memories for me.

8. Originally posted by Pehd
    I love rain and snow, though snow doesn't happen much here, and can't stand to look up and not see at least a cloud or two.
    That's my kind of weather, rain is good. The only thing I really dislike is high humidity, like in Georgia.

9. Well, my favorite time is the hour or so before a really bad thunderstorm. When the sky is black, the tornado sirens are gonna wail any second, that's the best. A nice wind that isn't cold, but since it's blowing you don't feel warm. The sky is a dark grey-blue, and you can really see the colors in everything. Gives me a sort of high, I suppose.
    And after it starts raining sometimes I like that too, but I don't find myself out in it so much as just sitting on the porch watching and listening. Then afterwards everything is all wet and muggy, that's the only part I don't like of it all.

10. Mid-seventies to mid eighties is my favorite. I don't mind when it gets higher, but that's ideal. What I really hate is coldness. YUCK. Snow, ice, cold - all of it sucks.
    Yes.