Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Soccer love

1. Shaolin Soccer love

I got to watch the movie this weekend, and I loved it. It's about a group of Kung Fu masters that, in order to keep the art alive in the world, make a soccer team and play using Kung Fu. As is probably expected, most of this is done with wires and silly things like fire on the soccerball, so be sure to take it lightly, as the film is mostly comedy. And comedy it is, I haven't laughed this much at a movie in forever. It was crazy funny, like the part where Sing (I think that's the main player's name) explains the benefits of using Kung Fu, or the when he meets the girl making bread, oh, it just has to be seen.
    I really liked the concept, as before I had heard of the movie I'd had the thought in my head that it would be awesome to see this same stuff being done playing football. It was really fun to watch, and I couldn't recommend it more.

Post the love

2. yeah Shaolin Soccer rocks! i love their 1st match against that team that uses those tools as weapons. i haven't laughed my ass off in a movie in awhile.

3. Yes, Its a great film. I recently watched it, and had lots of fun. Both comedy and fx work great. And I loved how they were using their kung fu powers during the play.

Last match against Evil Team, was awesome.

It will be released here in US later this year by Miramax, with the title changed to Kung Fu soccer. I dont know how much it will be cut, if at all, or will it be a dub, or subbed version as in Iron Monkey case.

4. Miramax will keep the Shaolin Soccer name when its released

According to Aintitcool.COM, Hiromi Kawanishi, the Vice President of Publicity from Mirimax said:

"I thought you guys would like to know that we are keeping the title of Stephen Chow's film SHAOLIN SOCCER, and we will not use KUNG FU SOCCER.
    After reading the AICN rant about the possible title change, we thought it was the smart thing to do. Can you please inform your readers of this?"

5. Shaolin Soccer is hilarious! I watched this one no less then two days ago and thought it was great.
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

6. i think i've had the dvd since before winter. i must have watched it nonstop for months because it's that damn good. the best scene is definitely the hidden "thriller" dance scene, it's so ridiculous and make no sense, but it works perfectly ! the icing on the cake is the guy talking about how the fire from within is now ignited and starts singing.

great movie, but like all the rest, you can only watch it so many times.

7. I heard about this Dance sequence, but havent seen it yet. How do you get to it on the dvd???

8. I still need to check this movie out. Sounds hilarious.

-Gon

9. on the dvds, every once in a while a little icon of a shaolin soccer player will pop up in the upper right corner of the screen. most of them will mostly show you how certain special effects and scenes were done, and 2 will be deleted scenes.

to get the dance sequence, somewhere around when Stephen Chow's character drops his (very) busted shoes onto the table (first encounter with ah-mei), the icon will pop up.

the second hidden scene will happen sometime around when the team celebrates their victory and big endorsements (when ah-mei shows her new look). i don't know exactly when the icon pops up, but when you enter it it's a deleted fight sequence between ah-mei and the shop owner. not so much funny, but cool to look at.

10. Originally posted by Mikhal
    yeah Shaolin Soccer rocks! i love their 1st match against that team that uses those tools as weapons. i haven't laughed my ass off in a movie in awhile.
    Okay, I totally agree. The slow motion shot where the guy is swinging the wrench and the hammer had me in stiches. It's permanently burned into my mind.

"I'm a mechanic. It's okay for me to have a hammer."

This movie is one of the best kung fu movies (yes, it is a kung fu movie, as I have stated elsewhere) I have ever seen.
    "Mother, this is your son, Roger Thornhill...No, no, Mother. I have not been drinking. No, no. These two men, they poured a whole bottle of bourbon into me. No, they didn't give me a chaser."