Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaolin Soccer love

1. An unidentified website reports the Korean version of SHAOLIN SOCCER is only 87 minutes. The original version shown in Hong Kong is 92 minute long and the extended version, including outtake footage, is about 112 minute long. SHAOLIN SOCCER will be shown in the US, Canada, Korea and Japan in May and the same site suspects what will be shown in North America and Japan will be same as the Korean version. According to Hong Kong's Oriental Daily, Stephen Chow was aware of this 87 minute version and was glad to see only 5 minutes of scenes got cut (from the original 92 minute version).

2. must you plagurise monkeypeaches?

3. ...

Monkeypeaches.com is a great site...anyway, I would gladly take the shorter version if only they'd keep the cantonese language...whay the hell does the U.S. have to mess with everyone elses films? Why cut it at all...it is one of the finest HK films I have ever seen and should be longer...U.S. should show the extended Sp. Edition version with the dance scene and the other added scenes...

I can't even imagine how they will dub it...they will completely destroy it...Hollywood just doesn't get it...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

4. Originally posted by Drunken[Style]
    must you plagurise monkeypeaches?
    of course i must. its a good site. i would have given them credit like i usually do with my copy and paste jobs but i had to go to school so excuse me for wanting to share that bit of info before i go and get some edumication.

5. Yes, I agree on Monkeypeaches, its a good place. As for Shaolin Soccer, I heard us cut will be 87 minutes, where regular, not extended version runs for 92. So it appears that only 5 minutes to be cut.

6. Originally posted by Despair
    Yes, I agree on Monkeypeaches, its a good place. As for Shaolin Soccer, I heard us cut will be 87 minutes, where regular, not extended version runs for 92. So it appears that only 5 minutes to be cut.
    yeah mikhal said that just a few posts up, you did read the thread right?

7. Well, I dindnt read Mikails post above me

Sorry if I posted the same info again.

8. I loved it. Funny as hell movie with nice special effects. I don't know why they took out that scene with everyone dancing like the people in Thriller. But anyway...does anyone get an error when they play it in the PS2? It gets half way through about (end of chapter 5) and gives a "Cannot read disc" error. Also it does that when I try to access the trailer. But on the PC it works fine. Everyones disc do this or what? Oh and a US release of this movie? NICE! I need to see this in the theater.

9. Well, I havent tried to watch in my PS2, only used my Toshiba dvd player to watch it, and it worked fine. Maybe I will try, and see if it will give me the same results.

Last thing I heard, US release got pushed back to end of this year. Not sure if it was comfirmed or not though.

10. Originally posted by 2D4EVER
    I loved it. Funny as hell movie with nice special effects. I don't know why they took out that scene with everyone dancing like the people in Thriller. But anyway...does anyone get an error when they play it in the PS2? It gets half way through about (end of chapter 5) and gives a "Cannot read disc" error. Also it does that when I try to access the trailer. But on the PC it works fine. Everyones disc do this or what? Oh and a US release of this movie? NICE! I need to see this in the theater.
    yeah same thing, same chapter it messes up on on two different PS2s.