Thread: Fox and EA announce Alien Versus Predator: Extinction

1. Fox and EA announce Alien Versus Predator: Extinction

Fox Interactive and Electronic Arts has announced that they will co-publish Alien Versus Predator: Extinction for PlayStation 2 and Xbox, the first time the license has seen release on a console in nearly a decade. The humans have discovered Predator and Alien occupation on the planet of LV-742, and seeing their chance, will engage them all for total supremacy, fighting it out in jungles and caverns and other such areas.

A tactical strategy game, you take control of the Colonial Machines, Aliens, and Predators, each with ten upgradeable combat units. Colonial Marines will count on military training and hi-tech weaponry. The Predators use stealth and evolved hunting techniques to gain the respect of the council of Ancients. And Aliens will attack in hordes to kill and impregnate their enemies them with facehuggers which evolve into the ultimate weapons.

Extinction is currently in development by Zono. No release date is yet available.

2. Tactical strategy game? Interesting... I'm not sure if that will be a good thing or a bad thing.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Tactical Strategy? Bleh, sounds to me like they should have gone the action game route but whatever.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

That's awesome. I am glad to hear it is not a watered-down PC port.

5. Methinks this will be a starcraft knock-off, but who knows, I hope for the best...speaking of the PC port, anyone play the second one? I'm considering it now that it's down to about $30...
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Redterrier

6. Ooo... Aliens vs. Predator strategy game! Wait, it's on console? Erm, I'll hold judgement until I know more, but that sounds like a recipe for crap.

RedTerrier: It's awesome, get it. The only real problem is that because of how the story is done the Alien doesn't get any environments specifically tailored for its abilities like the first game had. It makes a lot of that portion inferior to the first, but the rest is good sweetness.

7. Hmmmmmm....I'm not that excited. Doesn't sound like a good direction for the series.
    Freedom is a road seldom travelled by the multitude...