Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Generic Anime Thread!!!!111

1. Re: Re: The Generic Anime Thread!!!!111

holy shit, How could I forget about Giant Robo!?!?!?

Thats definitely one of my favorites.

Originally posted by kabuki
    I knew you weren't from the US when you used the word "hired" instead of "rented." I like "hired," I think I'm going to start using that In Australia, do anime companies bring in the US dubs or do their own? I have no idea how Austraila anime sales and stuff is done.

Argh! I usually type in american dialect (its just good manners), but I always forget that one!

As for the dubs, its kind of strange. As far as I know, they are the american dubs, However, 7 or so years ago, We were getting trailers for Ghost in the shell, and when the feature was released, I noticed there were slight variations in what was said and how between the trailer and the feature, even though they used the same voice actors.

the one that was mst noticable was something along the lines of:

"All of your memories are false... And are more like a dream"

compared to:

"All of your memories are false and are more like a dream"

The difference is subtle, but to someone who saw it as much as I did, itwas noticable. I'm not sure if this is because we got a different dub or what. It was very odd...

Cyber city was great, and had some of the best swearing I've ever heard in an American dub .

Plastic Little is another great anime. For some reason, it got an R rating over here (thats 18 and over here) for high level sex scenes, when all it had was one scene with some _awesomely_ animated boobage, and no sex at all. Similar thing happened to Ninja scroll. It was rated M at first (recommended for 15 years and over) for medium level coarse language, even though it had that hardcore rape scene, fuckloads of gore, and not a swear word in it. A flood of complaints changed that though, however my local videoshop kept the old copy, so I could keep renting it .

oh, and another great one is Roujin Z. crazy old guy in mech action.

2. GO here and here