Thread: Mezzo Forte: TV series

1. Mezzo Forte: TV series

Play magazine, January 2003 issue, page 101. Anime works lists some of the anime they are putting out in 2003, here's the list:

YS II: Castle of the Heavens
    Sadamitsu the Destroyer
    Mirage of Blaze
    Mezzo Forte: TV Series
    Seven of Seven
    Iria Zeiram: The Animation Special Box

Does anyone have any more info on the Mezzo Forte TV series ??
    - Kabuki

http://forums.animeondvd.com/dcboard...topic_id=21850

No useful info there as of Sunday at 12:30am

2. Hmm, Never heard of Mezzo Forte tv series. I liked the movie, it had some cool action in it, so I'm interested to find out what the tv series is about.

3. Mezzo Forte was supposed to be a series -- the one-shot was a test to see if the concept would fly.  I hope it's not for TV since the hentai parody bits in the uncensored version are hilarious, even to this hentai-disliker...

4. All I've seen are an ad here and there, just a little shot of that orange girl with some text in a lineup of upcoming releases. Website has nothing. Really looking forward to this, as the creator of Mezzo Forte and Kite have some increadible gun fight scenes

5. Can I get a brief description of Mexxo Forte here
    /me is clueless.

6. Mezzo forte was made by the same director who created Kite (and that Yellow Star episode in Cool Devices). This directore likes guns and violence alot, with a nice helping of sex and fanservice. All the women look good, but not slutty, and are usually the most lethal characters in their series.

Mezzo Forte is about a group of three people, a male engineer genius (usually designing sex robots), a male ex-detective who writes novels to get money, and a female who proffession is never made clear but she's really good in hand to hand combat and guns (outfit of choice is this skintight orange leather outfit). Their story is about how they take on this bloodthirsty rich baseball kingpin (you didn't hit a homerun last game, time to be beaten to death...) and his ruthless daughter.

All in all its alittle lighthearted considering so many people get violently killed. The trio are something of gold diggers always looking for money, but despite their skill all their ideas never pay off always making them rely on the ex-detective's authorship for money.

Some nice gunfights and fighting scenes. If you get the uncut version there are two 5 minute sex scenes that the story is complete without (one is just a dream). The sex scenes are good but alittle short.

I picked up both uncut and cut VHS versions for $10 and $5 bucks at convention. They were worht it.

If they're making a tv series out of it, it probably won't have any sex but just fanservice, it'll still be really nice. It'll probably be the best gunfight show to hit the anime tv scene, waaaay better than city hunter or gunsmith cats. Tons more serious too.

7. Originally posted by queazy
    Mezzo forte was made by the same director who created Kite (and that Yellow Star episode in Cool Devices). This directore likes guns and violence alot, with a nice helping of sex and fanservice.

Thanks.

8. Hmmm, I'm gonna have to check this one out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

9. Originally posted by queazy
    If they're making a tv series out of it, it probably won't have any sex but just fanservice, it'll still be really nice. It'll probably be the best gunfight show to hit the anime tv scene, waaaay better than city hunter or gunsmith cats. Tons more serious too.
    You underestimate Green Bunny (the production company, really just that perv-director-guy). They'll find a way to work the hentai in. Proabably in an uncut series release.