Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof that the UN Inspections are working

1. Proof that the UN Inspections are working

Hans Blix told Iraq that they have to destroy missiles. Hans Blix is working for the UN, he's part of the inspection team, and he's no fucking gungho warmonger, but he said these missiles were in violation of UN (not USA, UN) resolutions.

Saddam Hussein says he's not going to get rid of them.

UN Inspections work, huh?

I went to this Guardian Unlimited site from sggg's post about Robert Fisk's editorial, by the way. And Im not saying that war is the answer here, but Im not quite sure UN inspections are either.

The only thing the UN is the answer to is how to waste massive amounts of time and money and ensure that nothing useful is produced with either.

3. Originally posted by Yoshi
    The only thing the UN is the answer to is how to waste massive amounts of time and money and ensure that nothing useful is produced with either.
    CHA CHING!!!!!

4. Actually, Iraq has said they will comply with Blix and try to be more cooperative. This was after the U.S. submitted their resolution.

SC

5. I hope this shuts up all those Anti-War proterstors. But I know it won't. They have been banging their bongo drums for weeks about how we need to continue to inspect, and we do. We find stuff and tell Saddam to destroy it and he goes, "No." Well thats that in my book. Iraq (Saddam rather) will fall like they did back in the Gulf War, only this time things are going to change after the war. Those Anti-War protestors have to learn that this is not some all new Vietnam War and that they are not the new Hippie Counter-Culture.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

6. I don't think it will shut us up.

Blix Says Iraq Signals New Cooperation

But I'm sure the Associated Press is just a leftist, "hippie counter-culture" media outlet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

7. I am not saying all anti-war protestors are trying to be the next counter culture. But if you watch some of the footage of the Parades you can tell a lot of them think it is. Seeing signs like, "Saddam = Pancakes" does not help me take some of them seriously.

And I had not read these articles till now, the news I watched yesterday was saying that he was not complying.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

8. That goes without saying. But many of the war supporters in this country are illiterate rednecks who just want to kill Arabs over 9/11 or just because.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. Originally posted by burgundy
    That goes without saying. But many of the war supporters in this country are illiterate rednecks who just want to kill Arabs over 9/11 or just because.
    This is also true. So we got Hippies, Rednecks, goofy Celebraties, and the inbetween all butting heads over one issue. Only In America!
    Barf! Barf! Barf!