Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fav J-pop,. c-pop, ect...

1. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi

Gackt - I love Gackt. Biggest pimp in Japan. I just wish I liked more of his music. The songs that I do like, though, I really like.
    out of curiosity, which songs do you like?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    HALCALI - How can you not love two girls who, in their first video, dress up like Pokemon, have a real-life replication of Super Mario Bros. in the background, and damn near 80 other parodies? HALCALI is a rap group... sort of. Not really the kind of rap you'd probably be thinking. Well, if you try thinking of two young Japanese girls rapping, then maybe you can imagine it. But it's FUN - ridiculously so. Start with their song Tandem, and work your way from there.
    A friend gave me some J-pop songs a few months ago and the two HALCALI numbers were the best of the bunch. I've since ordered the 2007 album from CDJapan (where it was slightly cheaper than elsewhere).

I *really* like the almost d'n'b-ish sub-bass they utilize.

This thread is old.

3. Halcali's first two albums are their best.

Japan makes a lot of good music besides Jpop, by the way. I'm a sucker for anything post-rockish I hear, though I have absolutely no knowledge of the genre outside of that country. Does anyone know any Western acts that play music like this? Or this or this?

I'd really be interested in anything more like World's End Girlfriend. Or even something more (rock? metal? I was never good with genres) like Mutyumu on this side of the world. I know Venetian Snares did some orchestral stuff with breakbeats but I'm simply unaware of anything else.
    Last edited by Dunlap; 15 Jan 2010 at 11:40 PM. Reason: I know Explosions in the Sky is awesome, I saw them live OMG

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

I'll post some stuff.

Japanese metal

japanese rock

pretty boys

8bit tunes

I still like to listen to some:

Two-Mix: More so the older stuff, which was more original. Like "Good Dance." Haha!

Utada: Her latest English album sucks, but the first one was amazing! Still listen to it all the time. The most recent Japanese album, at least I think Heart Station it's somewhat new, is perhaps my favourite jpop album of all time. It's just extremely fun to listen and workout to!

Capsule: Just fun dancey stuff:

Faye Wong: I'm convinced that she is the best Asian artist, period. She has far too many amazing songs, and I'll likely listen to them until the day I die. Most magical voice ever.

Love how she sings in English:

Last edited by Aurora; 16 Jan 2010 at 04:18 PM.
    I took all your French Toast.

10. Last edited by Klonoa; 06 Feb 2010 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.