Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fav J-pop,. c-pop, ect...

1. Fav J-pop,. c-pop, ect...

I've been checking out some new j-pop lately and the coolest ones i've found out about were H.O.T. and Ayumi Hamasaki, anyone got any good artists/bands for me?

2. Judy and Mary! My favorite band of the moment. "Motto" and "Daydream" are the best songs in the world.

3. Re: Fav J-pop,. c-pop, ect...

Originally posted by missinghopper
    I've been checking out some new j-pop lately and the coolest ones i've found out about were H.O.T. and Ayumi Hamasaki, anyone got any good artists/bands for me?
    h.o.t is kpop

kpop:

DJ DOC
    Turbo
    SES
    Finkl
    s#arp
    Boa
    Uhm Jung Hwa
    Lee Jung Hyun
    YTC

Jpop:

SES
    Boa
    Utada Hikaru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. h.o.t. is horrible. i don't see the obsession that so many people have for them. so, so bad.

i'm not really big in the kpop scene, but any girl group is good as far as i'm concerned... and only if they're lookers. Baby V.O.X. is one of my favs. ONE Tym is good too, boy group, but i like their shit.

jpop i'm into Utada Hikaru, Ayu, Puffy, Larc en Ciel and Namie Amuro (even if she's been going down as of late). hitomi is good too but i haven't really heard too much of hers. and i'm really liking (former SPEED member) Hitoe's new j-r&b/hiphop flavored album "I'll Do It My Way". the english sung tracks are IMO surprisingly good even if some of the words come off butchered, but overall i'm loving it.

cpop i'm really liking sammi, and i'm real big on andy lau, mostly his movies, but music wise he's good too. i'm a fan of alan tam too, but that's old school shit from when i was younger.

5. Originally posted by Ashen Victor
    Hitoe's new j-r&b/hiphop flavored album "I'll Do It My Way". the english sung tracks are IMO surprisingly good even if some of the words come off butchered, but overall i'm loving it.
    She's hot, I'm gona have to check that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

6. Gackt. While he should probably be considered more J-Rock than J-pop, his music is good enough that it doesn't really matter.

7. Originally posted by Klonoa
    She's hot, I'm gona have to check that out.
    dude, definitely.
    /me gives klonoa a high five

i really only bought her album because i think she's a cutie (and because i liked what i heard from some samples). but i certainly was surprised when the album turned out to be pretty good. in fact, i haven't stopped listening to it for maybe about 2-3 weeks straight. that's only me though...

*sigh* she spent time in nyc schooling and prepping up for this album and i didn't know. ;_; and Hikaru Utada goes to Columbia here too, but i've read she's going to be taking time off from school to focus more on her music. she's got an american debut being released this year IIRC (def jam island), and she recently got married a few months back. that's teh sux!

8. Shiina Ringo kicks lots of ass.

9. i <3 Tommy february6, aka; Tomoko Kawase of The Brilliant Green.

my girlfriend surprised me on saturday by getting copies of her self-titled solo debut, and one of the last remaining copies at CD Japan of her limited edition second release Tommy airline (cd + dvd). the extras in the limited set mimic airline manuals and it's oh so cool. i highly recommend it. 80's synth pop at it's best! je t'aime ★ je t'aime alone is so cute and innocent that it's hard not to fall in love with.

and Namie Amuro's latest album, Style, is off the rack. more on the hip-hopish side of things, ala her side project Suite Chic (also really good).