Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Dreamcatcher - March 21st

1. King is rolling in his proverbial grave.

2. Originally posted by BioMechanic
    IMO the story would have been much more involving if it had concentrated on the psychic link between the four friends and how the infection affected it - the parts set in Jonesy's head were some of the best in the film - but the plot quickly degenerated into a canned save-the-world sequence that we've seen a thousand times. Duddits was a pointless inclusion which severely hurt the plot. The film was made more frustrating because it could have gone in a much more interesting direction rather than falling back onto tired cliches.

Based on what Rumpy said, I'll check out the book - it seems more psychological.
    Please do, even if it's just to get the REAL ending. Everything has a much richer back story and development.

3. I think I will pick up the book as well, and hopefully will find some time to read it. Been a while since I read anything by King though, since he isnt my favorite horror writer.

4. I cannot believe I wasted two hours of my life on this garbage. As soon as I saw the big CG alien I knew this movie was going to be a turd. Midway through I seriously wanted to walk out on it.

And as if it wasn't insulting enough, they show bloopers at the end. BLOOPERS! In a suspense film! WTF?!

Either King needs to hang up his pen or someone needs to ban people from adapting any future King novels to the big screen. This film is an absolute stinkfest from start to finish.

5. Originally posted by 88mph
    Hey now... the book was great. Unfortunatly 3/4 (possibly more) of the book didn't make it to the screen.
    Damn right, one of his best. I spent an entire 2 days at the Jersey shore doing nothing but reading this book everywhere i went.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. Bad casting, bad writing, and they showed the aliens so much I was never scared at any point.

At parts it was vaguely enjoyable, but a horribly made movie. Just plain bad. I didn't "feel" for any of the characters at all, and the plot development was atrocious.

Not drama, not horror, not action, not comedy, somewhere in the middle without the best parts of each.

Your jaded film critic,
    Master

The Flight of the Osiris bit was great though, nothing bad I can say about that.

There's nothing wrong with a Medicore by the numbers Horror Movie, every now and then.

Master - You sound like Ethugg

8. Honestly, I knew squat about this movie. A girl from work asked me to go see it and that is more unbelievable than anything in the film.

I take that back because there is a TON of little things that annoyed about this film.

Why would anyone, knowing the world is at risk take the time to fight a helicopter with a handgun?

The military worries about infected hitch hikers leaving the contaminated zone and yet leaves the guys alone in the cabin, instead of containing them.

Was the toothpick really that damn important? Tension easer versus pissed unknown force in a bloody toilet, tough call. *-neo

9. Originally posted by neoalphazero

Why would anyone, knowing the world is at risk take the time to fight a helicopter with a handgun?
    Well, If Colonel Kurtz wouldnt been stopped, Alien would have infected water supply. Plus that special gun has some special meaning probably explored more in the book.

The military worries about infected hitch hikers leaving the contaminated zone and yet leaves the guys alone in the cabin, instead of containing them.
    There were no place to land near cabin, weather condition was pretty bad as well, plus I assume they just left people there to pick them up little later, when the sweep team would come, or something like that. Sure, they could have just shoot them, but then there wouldnt be a story

Was the toothpick really that damn important? Tension easer versus pissed unknown force in a bloody toilet, tough call. *-neo
    Again, Maybe toothpick importance was explored more in the book, and didnt made it in the film. Or they just opted for more suspensful and tense scenes, as Lee character balances his ass on the toiled cover trying to get a toothpick.

Originally posted by Korian
    There's nothing wrong with a Medicore by the numbers Horror Movie, every now and then.

Master - You sound like Ethugg
    I agree with Korian. DC was still much better than crap like Scream, or many modern direct to video horror films.

10. True, the book may shed light on a few of the scenes. *-neo