Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EVA movies pushed again... ?

1. EVA movies pushed again... ?

just checked out ANN (i find they're posting news up even during the way late hours) and they had a small article on the delays:

Eva Movies Delayed... Again (2002-04-11 23:58:40)
    According to Anime Nation, two of the most anticipated, and most delayed releases in Manga Entertainment's history have been delayed once again. Originally scheduled for April 30th, Death & Rebirth has been postponed to July 30th and Neon Genesis Evangelion, The Movie has been pushed back to September 24th from July 30th
    i thought the Death and Rebirth release was old news already. only thing new is the delay of the movie which is getting pretty annoying.

and i don't know if it's just me, but have any of you noticed that Manga hasn't had one new title in a while ? they're still going through their back catalog for dvd releases as far as i know.

2. Re: EVA movies pushed again... ?

Originally posted by Ashen Victor
    just checked out ANN (i find they're posting news up even during the way late hours) and they had a small article on the delays:

i thought the Death and Rebirth release was old news already. only thing new is the delay of the movie which is getting pretty annoying.

and i don't know if it's just me, but have any of you noticed that Manga hasn't had one new title in a while ? they're still going through their back catalog for dvd releases as far as i know.
    Manga is crap. I can't believe they're the ones who acquired Read or Die, now that's gonna take FOREVER to come out...

3. I have it in VHS, so I’m not that worry, but you can get the DVD in here: Anime Discount

4. Originally posted by MajinRyu
    I have it in VHS, so I’m not that worry, but you can get the DVD in here:
    Those are bootlegs. If you like supporting thievery, go ahead and buy from them. However, might I suggest waiting for the R1s when they come out? Note that this applies to everything except End of Evangelion, which has been delayed so much that I'm wondering if it will ever come out here in a legit form. ^_^ But I *am* going to buy the R1s when they finally get out, either that or destroy the bootlegs. Fansubbing on VHS was ok when VHS was big, but now that the cheap shiny discs have taken over, I can find no excuse for piracy.

5. I got some chinese copy with english subtitles, so its all good.

And to those who haven't seen it:

awesome animation, confusing as hell storyline.

6. I was really hoping for This movie to come out before Second impact... But i guess we have to wait... Hofully before Third impact...

7. Originally posted by Lhadatt

Those are bootlegs. If you like supporting thievery, go ahead and buy from them. However, might I suggest waiting for the R1s when they come out? Note that this applies to everything except End of Evangelion, which has been delayed so much that I'm wondering if it will ever come out here in a legit form. ^_^ But I *am* going to buy the R1s when they finally get out, either that or destroy the bootlegs. Fansubbing on VHS was ok when VHS was big, but now that the cheap shiny discs have taken over, I can find no excuse for piracy.
    Bah. I'm not going to sit on my thumbs while Manga repeatedly delays shit I want to see. Sure, I'll but the official DVDs when they come out. But I bought the HK pirated copies about a year ago because I was sick of waiting around for it. If Manga doesn't want me to buy pirated stuff, they need to get off their asses and release stuff somewhat on time. If they keep delaying it like they are I may lose interest altogether in buying the movie when it comes out. Call me a pirate and a thief if you want, but I'm not sure Manga deserves my money if they're gonna keep dicking around like they are.

8. Originally posted by Saint of Killers

Bah. I'm not going to sit on my thumbs while Manga repeatedly delays shit I want to see. Sure, I'll but the official DVDs when they come out. But I bought the HK pirated copies about a year ago because I was sick of waiting around for it. If Manga doesn't want me to buy pirated stuff, they need to get off their asses and release stuff somewhat on time. If they keep delaying it like they are I may lose interest altogether in buying the movie when it comes out. Call me a pirate and a thief if you want, but I'm not sure Manga deserves my money if they're gonna keep dicking around like they are.
    Like I said, I was speaking of everything except End of Eva. I hate Manga. I really wish they would get their act together, but they won't. I'm just glad their Wings of Honneamise license expired so someone else can pick it up. Anyway, my point was that I find pirating undesirable, for the most part. If someone's going to publicly endorse buying pirate products, I will publicly endorse sticking to legit releases or not at all. To quote the webmaster of a popular anime website, "Anime is not a right." This is not meant to offend, but honestly, if people can get away with endorsing pirating on this board, I'm going to speak against it. ^_^

9. I saw the movies so long ago fansubbed that I don't even remember them anymore, but I guess that's true of a lot of anime. I think Pioneer is the only company that doesn't take their time to do a release. I'm still waiting for Bandai to release Fancy Lala in 2000 like they said they would...

NGE is a high profile show so it gets more attention, but there's plenty of titles that get picked up and wait on the shelf for a long time before being released.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. By the time they do come out, I'll hafta watch the series all over again in order to recall everything in detail.

Not that that's a bad thing.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010